Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Word Verification

Lots of people have word verification on their blogs. That means that when you go to post a comment, you have to type in the letters shown above the submit button. Supposedly this helps reduce spam, which I've been very lucky not to receive thus far.

The problem is, the letters are all funky and slanted. And for some reason, I have trouble determining what they are. I often make a mistake, and so my comment is denied until I get it right.

I teach the third grade, dammit. I should be able to correctly identify letters on a screen.

Please, someone tell me that they too struggle with letter verification. It can't just be me, can it?

-B

5 comments:

b said...

So glad to know I'm not the only one!

Thanks for adding my blog to your links! I would add yours if I could figure out how to add links. here you are creating all of these cool movies on your blog, and I can't even figure out how to make my fonts different sizes/colors :O)

-B

ramblingmuse said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ramblingmuse said...

It's just you.

:-P

Yeah, you knew someone was gonna say that. I thought it should be me. :-P

b said...

LOL! Honestly, it wouldn't have surprised me if it was just me!

Jen said...

I abhor the word verification on Blogger comments. I almost always get it wrong, and sometimes it ends up deterring me from making a comment in the end. But, it's to stop comment spam, which is always a good thing.

Visiting you b/c you de-lurked! Thanks for stepping out of the shadows. I am always looking for more blogs to read. And yours looks cool! Plus, you're a 3rd grade teacher, which is cool, b/c so is my MIL!