Monday, January 16, 2006

Thank God He's Cute

Because holy crap, was I ever ready to scream at him today. My day started out fine. We ran some errands, played some games, no problem. Then Melanie came over to watch the boys so I could have an adult only lunch with my friend, Nikki.

Lunch was great. Nikki let me vent for a bit, and then we were laughing away like normal.

I got home just in time for the boys to take a nap. (Thank you, Mel!)

I watched the pilot episode of Lost while the boys napped. This was a huge treat, as I've owned the dvd for about 2 months now, but this was my first chance to watch it. I loved it, and can't wait to watch more.

Then the boys woke up. Or more accurately, one boy and one monster woke up.

Honestly, I have no idea what was going on with Joshua. He screamed the word "no" over and over, while running in circles around the house for literally, an hour. If I tried to calm him down, he would hit me. He was so angry, over something that is unclear to me.

By the end of this tirade I was in tears, Jacob was in tears, and Joshua was sitting happily in his rocking chair drinking his milk.

Thank god for bedtime.

-B

5 comments:

ramblingmuse said...

What a cutie!

And be thankful for good friends!

Have a good evening!

b said...

Good point. Thank God for my friends!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, the best I can say is - Thank God he IS cute. I promise that he'll be more than cute again some day...

There must be some explanation of the injustice - you in tears, Jacob in tears, Joshua finally happy? Who knows...

Finally (and then I'll shut up :o), I'm very impressed with your new technological advances.
-m

Highlandgal said...

First time visitor via Jen's blog. Just want to ditto the cute kid ;)

Mrs. G.F. said...

Very adorable boy.

I love bedtime, it is my favorite part of the day. :)