Saturday, January 14, 2006

Date # 2

I picked NB up at 11:30 at his house. Due to the rain, and the parking craziness that is Cambridge, he just came out to my car, so I didn't get to see inside his house. But it's in a really cute neighborhood, and it's a two family big victorian. Very pretty on the outside.

Scored an awesome parking spot just down the street from the museum. I insisted on paying for the tickets, even though he tried hard not to let me.

The museum was beautiful. It used to be someone's residence. (side story that my mother told me so I could impress NB with some historical information: Isabella Stewart Gardner built this unbelievable mansion in the middle of swampland back in the late 1800's. Everyone thought she was crazy for building it where she did. She didn't let anyone see the house until it was complete, at which point she threw a huge party. Before the party, she needed to test out the acoustics for the musicians. Because music sounds differently with people in the room, she needed to fill the room with people. But, since she didn't want anyone to see the house before the party, this became a dilemma. How did she solve it? Well, there's a school for the blind not too far from the mansion. She brought 100 students from the school to her house to test out the acoustics. And of course, they couldn't see the house.)

Anyways, we had a great time in the museum. It doesn't have the best labels, so we made up stories of what many of the pieces were used for. Lots of laughing.

We then went to one of my favorite restaurants. Again, snagged a great parking spot. We shared a salad, and each had a different pasta dish I had rigatoni, broccoli, and chicken. He had chicken parm, All was yummy, and again conversation was easy and fun. he insisted on paying for lunch, and I didn't fight too hard to get him to change his mind.

I then drove him to the airport. I got out of the car to say goodbye, and we had a nice kiss. He told me he'd see me soon, and we parted.

Awesome date. Am looking forward to the next one.

-B

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds fantastic! Loved the history lesson in this middle.

The laughter sounds awesome. Definitely need a boy who can make you laugh. :o)

Was there electricity with the kiss? -m

b said...

Yes, but I felt a little funny since we were at the airport, and I'm not so into PDA. But I would have loved to kiss more if we were somewhere else :O)

ramblingmuse said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ramblingmuse said...

Ooo la la...!

"B and NB sitting in a tree..."

:-P

Just think. If you guys get married I can call you "BB" or "2B" or "B^2". Take yer pick!

Ha ha...J/K...I am SO immature. :-P

Glad you had a good time. Yay!

Mrs. G.F. said...

Ahh. awesome dates, they are the best!! Sounds like it was wonderful.

Keep us in the loop here - this is fun to read about!! :)

Anonymous said...

A man that can make up stories to supplant a poorly curated museum exhibit is hard to find. Sounds like a cool guy.

Anonymous said...

What a great resource!