Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The Date

I got to NB's house at 7:00. His apartment is really nice. It's the first floor of a huge, Victorian house. Lots of stained glass windows, hardwood floors, and a fireplace.

We each had a glass of wine, and then decided to walk to dinner. I went to use the bathroom before leaving, and when I came out, he had turned off the lights, and pulled me to him for a kiss. It was really sweet.

We walked to the restaurant, which was about a 20 minute walk. It was a little cold (actually, really cold) but the conversation flowed easily.

We went to a pub for dinner. It was a really cute place, and dinner was delicious. I had a burger with a side salad instead of fries (ate half of both). He had a good pasta dish, that he had me try. He paid for dinner, and got us a cab to take home.

He opened the door for the cab for me and as I slid in I did something funny to my neck. You know when you move it just the wrong way and it pulls something? No? Well, that's what happened, and I really couldn't move my head without major pain. I told NB what had just happened, and he pulled me in close and massaged my neck. It was really sweet, and felt amazing, I must say. Not sure the last time I got a neck massage.

We got back to his place, went inside and snuggled on the couch. There was no awkwardness or anything; it was as if we had done it for months. We just lay there, talking for about 30 minutes. I then announced that I had better get going because I had told the sitter that I'd be home by 11 and it was 10:30.

He pulled me in for a kiss, and we stayed kissing for literally half an hour. I had no idea that time could go by so quickly, because it felt like 5 minutes, but sure enough, the clock read 11. I told him that I really had to go. He walked me to my car, opened the door for me, kissed me goodbye, and closed the door.

When I got home there was an email from him saying what a fabulous night he had. A perfect ending to a perfect date.

-b



18 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhhh

Anonymous said...

Many points for B! Glad you had a great time!

Can't remember the last time someone opened a door for me....

:o)

ramblingmuse said...

Neck massage and 5 minute kisses that last 30 mins?? - oo la la!!

Yay!! You go, girl!! :-)

Mrs. G.F. said...

*sigh* Sounds like a great date. :)
Did you wear appropriate footwear to walk outside for 20 min?? I so would've worn cute shoes and then my feet would've been blocks of ice by the time I got into a restaurant!! :)

I am SO glad you had a good time. And the follow-up email....yum!

b said...

What can I say? It was a night to remember for sure.

Walter,
As far as the kid talk, we have talked about our kids, and shared cute stories. But last night, when we were out, we didn't once talk about our kids, and I'm glad. Since he has a son too, it would be very easy to talk solely about our boys. It's nice to know that we have more than that in common.

As for meeting my kids, I plan on putting that off for as long as possible. Don't want him to run the other way!

b said...

Slacker Mom,
No! I had black shoes with about a 2 inch heel. But I was fine surprisingly. Actually, about halfway there, NB looked at my shoes and said, "You're not really wearing the right shoes for this. Do you want me to get us a cab?" I asked him if I was walking too slowly. He laughed and told me no, he was just worried about my feet. Sweet, huh?

J.Rowe said...

The e-mail when you got home did it for me...what a sweet way to end the evening...and well the kissing too.

You've got great kids! He won't run away...but to be safe I'd avoid 4:30 to bedtime: )

Highlandgal said...

Man, my husband and I have been together over 12 years. Your description really makes me miss those first months together when it was all new and exciting. Sounds like a wonderful evening.

ramblingmuse said...

Yay! jrowe has joined the bandwagon!! Yippee...!!!

Now who else...Rad...Mel...???

Come on...you know you wanna!!

Do it.

Do it.

Do it!! :-)

And hey peops...post your "when we met stories"...on my blog your yours...I wanna hear 'em! I need more warm fuzzies! :-)

J.Rowe said...

I started an account in November. I just never used it... I was being lazy. As for a blog...we'll see. Thanks for the encouragement. For now, I'm happy reading B's, MK's, and a few other great blogs: )

Anonymous said...

Wow... quite an evening. What a great date.

Anonymous said...

The best ever.......N

((( MK ))) said...

Sounds like you had a great time! So you liked the pub, huh? It's new(ish), right? I think it's where CompUSA used to be. If you go back to that area, be sure to check out the Enormous Room, a cool little bar above Central Kitchen.

((( MK ))) said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

What a date! Sounds like a movie:) I am SO happy for you!

- First time poster...will remain mysterious for a while:)

Dial-Up Princess said...

The date sounded great,congrats! Keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how little attention you gave to his pasta dish in your post. Is it just me, or is that not obviously the most important part of this story? I am totally confused about the base of the sauce, and won't get any sleep until I know if it was linguini, ziti, or (God forbid) risotto. Please keep these "minor" details in mind when you invite us into your life like this.

So very glad you had a great time. Great guys should be lined up to give you neck rubs.

b said...

Owen, you're so right. next date I'll only mention the food. Nothing else.

Everyone, you can thank Owen for the tip. You all acted like the kiss was the important part. Silly people!

b

p.s. "So very glad you had a great time. Great guys should be lined up to give you neck rubs" .Thanks, you're sweet.