Friday, January 06, 2006

Home

It's 12:10 AM and I just got home. The date was great. He picked me up (despite some protests from you) and opened the car door for me all three times we got in it. (He drives a BMW SUV, by the way) We were given the most romantic table in the restaurant. It was in an alcove by the window, looking out at everyone. The food was amazing. We had sizzling shrimp, a beef dish, asparagus, portabello mushrooms, roasted peppers, and a fritatta with potatoes. We each had a glass of wine, then shared a pitcher of sangria.

Converastion was very easy, and we laughed an awful lot. There were no awkward moments.

We then went to the improv show. It was hilarious.

I'm tired so will post more tomorrow, but all in all, an amazing date.

But I will add that he wouldn't let me pay for anything, and he just emailed me and said he can't wait to see me again.

Yay!

-B

7 comments:

ramblingmuse said...

Wow!! Yay!!

I was worried for a moment that we might have overhyped the situation with all the predate posts... :-)

Glad to hear you had a great time! Look forward to hearing more about it!! :-)

Yay!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!- J

Anonymous said...

Well deserved, fun night! Good for you. I like him already. :o) -m

Mrs. G.F. said...

YAY!!!

I am so excited to hear more. You got to love a guy that lets you know right away that he wants to see you again.

I love the facing out together thing at dinner, especially for a 1st date. There is another great restaurant that has a seat like that in Boston, Giacomo's in the North End, ever been there? (That's where my Hubby and I had our 1st date, facing out together at the bar. ;)

Oh, and in my blog you asked where I live, I am about an hour and half north of Boston in NH. I grew up a 1/2 from Boston.

So glad it went well.

Anonymous said...

Yay Betsy! I thought about you as I was driving home from a work party last night and am so glad to hear that it was fantastic! Doncha LOVE when the conversation flows like that?? Can't wait to hear how this one develops.

ramblingmuse said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ramblingmuse said...

I got a new url. Make note of it. :-)