Monday, January 09, 2006

Interesting Conversation At Lunch Today

First, I feel the need to back up and explain the whole (well, not whole but a bit of the) J thing. J is a nice guy that I dated for about 4 months beginning last April and ending in August. I enjoyed his company but never really felt any kind of spark. And he had some (how do I put this delicately?) issues in the bedroom. As in, we really never did any more than kiss.

Basically, we were more like friends than boyfriend/girlfriend. And he had other issues too. Like he was claustrophobic, so he couldn't even snuggle in bed.

I broke up with him on the first day of school. He was pretty upset, and we didn't speak for maybe 2 months. I was then dating my latest ex, but J decided we were meant to be together. He sent me an email stating his feelings, and I wrote back explaining all that was wrong with our relationship.

Fast forward to last week. I went to dinner with him so that he could have closure with our "relationship." He emailed me the next day saying how great dinner was, and how he was looking forward to spending a lot more time with him.

Here is the email I sent in response:

I too had a nice time last night. But J, I don't see us getting back together. I know that's what you want, and envision, but I don't. I think you're a great guy, and I would like to remain friends, because I enjoy talking to/spending time with you. But I just don't feel that romantic connection to you. I'm sorry because I know that's not what you want to hear. But I feel like I owe it to you to be honest.

He sent me back the following email:

Of course I’m not happy that you no longer have those feelings for me, I’ll always regret not doing the right things at the right time in order to make our relationship better.
But I really appreciate you being honest.  I hope you have a great trip and a great weekend!
 
Game over, right? Wrong.

A mutual friend of ours came into the Teachers' Room today at lunch and said she heard from her friends this weekend that J and I were getting back together. He's been telling his friends that we are getting back together! I am completely baffled. Isn't this odd?

-B

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

ODD???????? Deranged. Stay far, far away... -m

Anonymous said...

All right. I feel mean now. But really, it's a bit ridiculous. -m

ramblingmuse said...

Oh my! This guy is sketchy.

I'd seriously cut off any and all future contact with him.

BTW...any updates on your 'date guy'? Any 2nd date in the works, or has that already come and gone?

Do tell! :-)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'd say it was a bit strange, maybe he really believes it??

Off topic here, but thanks for visiting my blog. That is cool that you have two boys Jacob and Joshua too, the names just flow together lol.

b said...

RM, New guy and I have emailed each day. He's away this week (and next) for business, but we'll go out again when he gets back. Definitely liking him :O)

Anonymous said...

Told you he wasn't for you. -- your sister.

ramblingmuse said...

Cool to hear all is well new guy! :-) Can't wait to hear more!

Hope all is well!

Have a good day!

Anonymous said...

Have you read Abel's blog?? Just curious. He lost his wife when he was in his mid-20s and remarried. He has some interesting things about dating on his site that you might like.

b said...

Just checked it out, and strangely enough, I had seen it before, but am not sure why. Thanks for re-showing it to me. I like what he has to say about dating a widow/widower. He has lots of good advice.

thanks!

-B

Anonymous said...

I don't understand why you're confused. Your email back to J left many questions unanswered. I could not tell for the life of me what your "real" opinion of him was. Everything was masked in pleasantries and innuendo.

For those of you who do not know me, please understand that I am kidding.

Anonymous said...

Is it really too late for you to just marry Owen?!!

Mrs. G.F. said...

Just be blunt whenever you talk to him. And just say hi and that's all if you run into him.
After a bit, his freinds see that you aren't together.

:)

Hope you are enjoying this warm weather. :)

b said...

Slacker Mom,
I'm lucky in that we live an hour away from each other, so we never run into one another. Nor do we talk. Is it nice out? been in school all day. Will be leaving soon though. Hopefully it will still be light out!

Ben'smom, I would love to marry Owen, if for no other reason than his Cape house! There's only one slight problem. :O)

Anonymous said...

Well, it would be just like with J, but with a fun sense of humor and the Cape house.

Anonymous said...

You know, the problem you mentioned with Owen could be considered a bonus. Living with a best friend with permission to go out and 'play'....

RAD

b said...

Good point, RAD. Owen, what do you say?

Anonymous said...

My parents would be thrilled. I'm not at all kidding about this.

b said...

Mine would be as well. I'm not at all kidding either. And clearly my sister approves. Charles?

Anonymous said...

Okay it's settled. I think B would like a diamond engagement ring at least 2 carats, Owen. When shall we have the ceremony? Actually, make that 3 carats.

Dial-Up Princess said...

Very strange..keep contact to only as necessary. And circulate among your friends and his that you and him are not together.

Anonymous said...

But from which of the many 3 carat diamond rings that I have lying around should I choose?

Charles, btw, would probably not endorse this idea. He would not mind living at the cape house, but he is yet to express any support of three way marriages.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that Charles. So traditional.

b said...

Yes, if I had one word to describe Charles, that would be the one :O)