Tuesday, January 10, 2006

How Cool Is The Other Rebecca? (by special request from my sister)

Here are the top 10 reasons that my sister is great:

1. She and I can laugh together over the stupidest things. And we can laugh about it for years. Becca, what's the shortest song? (h) (l) (m)

2. She is the best cook and baker that I know (well, tied with my brother)

3. She is an amazing aunt to my boys, and I know that if anything ever happened to me she would raise them with never ending love.

4. She stays calm in a crisis.

5. She took off from work when Joe was in the hospital and came to Boston to be with me.

6. She is one of the biggest reasons I survived Joe's death. She stayed with me for weeks, and then came up every weekend for months even though she was also very pregnant. She was then with me for Joshua's birth and stayed with us for more than a week after he was born.

7. She threw me the best surprise party for my 30th birthday that I could have asked for, and then took me to The Four Seasons for a spa weekend.

8. She doesn't cut me any slack.

9. She doesn't judge me.

10. She is my best friend.

-B

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, thanks! I'm going to have to print this out or something. You're the reason why I want to have another child, so hopefully Ben will feel that close bond with his sibling too. I would write a list of why you are great, but everyone reading this already knows. You are a terrific friend and sister. And you are really funny. Now I have to Kadima.

Anonymous said...

I hope someday that my girls will grow up to be as close as the two of you. :o) -m

Dial-Up Princess said...

Its great to read about your great bond with your sister. I have 4 sisters and I cant say I get the warm fuzzies, so kudos to you both.

ramblingmuse said...

Sisters are great!

Nice post! :-)

Anonymous said...

I have to say that one of my favorite things about your family is your sense of humor... Great ending to a sentimental thought : ) - J