Sunday, January 08, 2006

Up On My Soapbox

This whole S.S. issue (Joe's cousin told me to send her all the paperwork and someone will do the appropriate research.) has made me feel the need to urge all of you reading this to get life insurance. Especially if you have kids.

I cannot tell you how many times we almost got life insurance. The paperwork sat on the kitchen table for months, but we always put it off.

Then Joe died. And there was no life insurance. And I am screwed if I lose the S.S. money I was getting. Had we only filled out the paperwork, and paid the minimal fee, I'd be fine financially, even better than we were before.

So please, please, please (you know who you are) get yourselves some freaking life insurance. It does not matter if you are halfway done with the process, it will do you no good if your spouse dies tomorrow. Do it now.

*gracefully steps down from soapbox*

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll do it.

Mrs. G.F. said...

Funny, we have Hubby's life insurance all set,but I just convinced him that we should get some for me. And they keep on asking for more info, and..it's on the kitchen table. :)

(but it is filled out and will go in the mail tomorrow.)

Good advice.

Anonymous said...

P.S. Like the "gracefully" part

b said...

SL, glad I could help motivate you :O)

M, of course gracefully!

Anonymous said...

How'd you know it was me? :o)

b said...

Lucky guess. This post was in no way directed at you
:O) OK, maybe a little. But I do have other friends that this was equally directed at. And I had a feeling SM's (why do I usually call her SL?) form was sitting on her table, so it was for her as well!

Mrs. G.F. said...

:)

Thank you.

Mrs. G.F. said...

By the way, you can call me SL anytime you want! ;)

Anonymous said...

We have it for both of us...M- I can give you the name of someone to contact to set it all up for you. Let me know if you want their name. - J

Anonymous said...

we now have both a will and life insurance for both of us...Life lessons...N

Dial-Up Princess said...

I have life insurance through my job. Maybe i'll check on my beneficiaries tomorrow. I think it might need an update. The sad part to me is that Im younger than any of my beneficiaries. Go figure!