Monday, January 30, 2006

So Much To Say

Not sure where to start.

4th date is this Wednesday night. I'm cooking dinner. I'm having my usual self-doubting moment, which I attribute to not having spoken to him in quite some time. But I did get an email yesterday. I won't post the whole thing, but here was the last line: What is your week looking like this week? I'd like to get together ASAP :) Didn't want our night from last week to ever end... So I keep re-reading that and thinking to myself that he does like me.

I got a cool email today from one of Joe's ICU doctors. He had written an essay about the whole experience of caring for Joe, and he submitted it to a journal of medicine. And he found out today that they're publishing it! I think it will be in next month's issue. The essay was really amazing, and I thought it captured Joe's time in the ICU accurately. Once the essay is actually published, I'll print it here.

We have an ant problem in my house. I swear to you, my floors have never been cleaner. I am trying everything to get rid of these ants. I've been having nightmares about them at night, and now I think I've caused Jacob to be scared of ants.

Patrick had his big sex ed weekend. Will do a new post about that.

Widow group was really fun tonight. RAD had received some sad news about a close friend of hers before she came to group, so it started out sad. But she pulled through, and we ended up having out usual fun time. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, it isn't widow group unless somebody cries at some point. But the majority of it is usually filled with laughter. Oh, and we found out Susan is going to be the guest of honor at a big Gilda Radner cancer fundraiser. Of course, Susan didn't tell us about it. But we'll be there, with bells on. And coincidentally, it falls on a Monday night :O)

I think that's it for now.

-b

5 comments:

M said...

He is definitely into you. No doubt.

Glad group was fun. You guys are so good for each other!

Finally, I'm glad to hear about the article. Somehow it doesn't surprise me that Joe would make it into a headline... :o)

ramblingmuse said...

I agree. I'm glad this guy isn't into playing games. Sounds like he's enjoying his time with you for sure! :-)

Wow - cool about the article! Looking forward to reading it.

Ants - Yeah, I had a problem too. I tried to avoid major pesticides so I cleaned and then they came back in full force. Dunno why. It's pretty nightmarish seeing them swarming along the baseboards and such. Gives me the eeby geebies just thinking about the problem I had with them!

You can try windex in the areas they come in. It may take a couple of days for them to the 'hint', but it works. If they still come around, then those ant baits work well...otherwise, a lot of people swear by "Terro"? sp? Some sort of spray you can get at the hardware store.

Later...

Anonymous said...

I swear by Terro Liquid Ant Baits too...not sure if J&J would leave them alone though. Maybe just try a few up high where they can't reach them?

That is SO cool about Joe's doctor! I'll look forward to reading the article.

And yes, I think NB is definitely into you. Funny how I can be more objective about your situation than my own...I sure have lots of experience these days with those doubts creeping in!

Only 2-1/2 more weeks...can't wait!!!

Mrs. G.F. said...

Wow, a lot on today's post!

The next date sounds great. I think you should keep repeating that phrase when you feel unsure, that's a good idea. Next question, what are you making for dinner?

Glad Patrick's weekend went well.

Ants, have you tried a chalk line? If you knw where they are coming in, you draw a chalk line around it; ants won't cross it. (I have no idea why)

Joe's article, so cool. I will be excited to read it. When did they think it would be published?

ramblingmuse said...

I heard about that chalk line thing, too. You should try that first before the Terro...especially with your kids around. Chalk line first, then the baits, then Terro.

What're you gonna cook for dinner??