Friday, January 13, 2006

Tomorrow's Date # 2!

I'm picking up NB (New Boy) tomorrow morning at 11:30. We have a really great date planned, so it should be fun, despite the rain we're expecting.

I've spoken to NB either on the phone or through IM every day this week. He is clearly liking me, and I am clearly liking him.

But....

But what?

I'm not sure. I think women are somehow trained to really fall for guys that treat us like crap, and are scared away by guys who could actually improve our lives.

So NB really likes me and that's becoming a turnoff.

Ugh.

Jenn and Melanie were here earlier, and they were both trying to convince me to let someone treat me well for a change. (not that others haven't treated me well, just that it's been a while.)

NB comes up with really great date plans. He seems caring and attentive. He asks me how my day was, and really seems like he's interested in the answer. He has an awesome job. He has a son (which in my opinion, is a bonus) and he's Jewish.

Please help me relax and just enjoy this one. Don''t let me screw it up.

-B

6 comments:

ramblingmuse said...

You read my latest mantra:
DON'T THINK!

Just relax and enjoy getting to know him, AND getting to yourself in the process (your likes, dislikes, etc.).

Have fun! Can't wait to hear more about it.

Anonymous said...

I agree. Just enjoy and focus on all the positives!

How many thoughtful guys like this are out there? (Sorry guys!) Enjoy every minute! -m

Mrs. G.F. said...

Ok, here I go again, drinking and blogging. (and I really need to hit the hay!)

Hubby and I, in the beginning. This reminds me of that. The obvious enjoyment of each other, the natural flow of more dates...just ride the wave. How often do we get such mutual feedback? Mutual attraction? (let's even throw in mutual religion on top of that???) And a comfort level?

Just take the journey, and enjoy the moment, that's all anyone can ask for.

(PS Did I catch all my typos????)

Mrs. G.F. said...

PS We didn't catch the movie tonight, we had too much fun drinking and hanging out, everyone ended up at my house,& just left.

Anyone here see Memoirs? we might try again next week.;)

Anonymous said...

You're not going to mess it up... Just enjoy it and take one date at a time. I'll tell you the rest in person: ) Looking forward to hear about the date later.

Anonymous said...

as you know, not every guy has to be The One...& it is ok to date people who are not The One.

If I focused on only being with potentially The One. I would be pretty lonely... but that is just a comment on me. You seem to do just fine.

L,
RAD