Monday, January 02, 2006

Where The F**k is My Book?

I need a new book to read to my students for our daily read aloud. I like to read a chapter a day after lunch and we finished our last book (Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIHM) before vacation. Since I taught this class last year, I am out of new books. Last night I went to Barnes and Noble and found a great book of short stories written by Avi.

I read the half the book last night and the other half this afternoon. I loved every story in the book, and could picture the look of suspense on my students' faces as I read the stories to them.

I just got home from widow group, and wanted to put the book with my purse so that I'd remember it in the morning. Aren't you proud of me?

But guess what? The book is nowhere to be found. I just spent 15 minutes searching my house, and cannot find it anywhere. WTF?????? The medium told me that Joe likes to hide things on me for fun, but I know that this type of thing happens to everyone, so I'm trying not to look to deeply into it.

But seriously, I am really annoyed right now. I'll be pissed if I have to go to school tomorrow (and by the way, there will be school, no snow day, I am sure) with no new read aloud.

Where is it?

-B

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where were you reading it last? Were the kids around the house after you read it? Check in the ottoman or in the playroom if they were. -m

Mrs. G.F. said...

Oooooh I hate that. And your kids aren't old enough to enlist in helping you look.

Take a deep breath and try one more time. Wish I could help you in the search!

Good luck getting back into the swing of hings tomorrow.

:)

Anonymous said...

Is it possible you planned ahead & it is already with a bag going to school? Or in fact, in the car already?

Or, where you reading it:
in the bathtub?
on the elliptical trainer?
in the living room (check the cushions)
do the kids take stuff & move it around the house?
did the phone ring & you put it down wherever you picked up the phone?

It will show up, I'm sure, but you may want a backup...how about Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?
R