Saturday, December 24, 2005

Whoops!

I am not a fan of country music. No offense to most of you who enjoy it, but I just can't get into it. In fact listening to it makes me a little bit nuts.

Today I got a surprise package. Upon opening it I discovered a Leann Rimes CD. I said out loud, "Who would send me a Leann Rimes CD?"

Turns out it was from my buddy Vincent who knows that I can't stand country. So I started laughing because I found it to be funny.

Well, not so funny when I called him while still laughing, to thank him.

You see, he did not intend it as a joke. He really thought I would enjoy the singing of Miss Rimes, and made me promise to listen to specific songs that he was sure I would love.

Sorry, Vin. You were really sweet to think of me. I tried listening, and even pulled out the lyrics to read them. But I couldn't tolerate her singing. You cannot convert me to being a country music fan. Believe me, others have tried.

-B

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I first started dating DH, he introduced me to all kinds of Texas stuff (I had only been there a year). I told him that there was no way he'd ever get me into country music...and now it's my favorite genre. So never say never!! (I'll work on ya too along with Vin.)

Poly Dad said...

This post has me laughing! I love the fact that you gave it the ol' college try.

I am not a fan of country, but it doesn't hurt me to listen to it. In fact, the group Alabama has a few great love songs!

ramblingmuse said...

Yah, I agree. I was the same way about not liking country music. Then my sisters moved to Texas for a bit and when they would come home for visits would play country music all day long. I actually like it now and will admit it too!

Ha ha...I agree. Never say never. You'll come over to the light one of these days too... :-P

Mrs. G.F. said...

Hey there, how was your holiday?

We had a great time, busy though. I'll have to post about it later.

Just checking in.

:)

Anonymous said...

I'm with V. I'll have to call and let him know. Go country music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o) -m