Friday, December 30, 2005

Another Disappointment

I don't know if we're going to be able to go to NY after all. Josh is sick. I've tried ignoring his symptoms throughout the day in the hopes that they would disappear (I know, not logical, def. something I got from my mother). But now he's in his crib doing the sick cry. You know, the one where he's not really awake, but not asleep. Crying the most pitiful cry and coughing in between yelps.

The thing is, his ear tubes fell out, and my guess is he may be getting his first ear infection since getting his tubes last April. So we'll see how the night goes, but if this continues I'm not driving in the car with him for 4+ hours. And as much as my sister wants us there, she really doesn't want a sick child there. I don't blame her one bit; she's hosting a big dinner party with amazingly delicious food, and 8 adults. I don't want any sick children there either.

But the thought of being home alone with a sick kid on New Year's Eve is more than a bit depressing.

Cross your fingers that tomorrow's post will be from NY. Or better yet, that I'll be having too much fun in NY to even post.

It could happen, right?

-B

5 comments:

Mrs. G.F. said...

keeping fingers crossed.

What about going to the ER, drugs?

b said...

If he's sick in the morning, my pediatrician's office has Sat. morning hours. Thanks for the crossed fingers though :O)

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping for the best! Maybe he'll wake up just fine! :o) -m

Anonymous said...

so even if he wakes up happy, you trot to the doctor's office early as possible. they say, yes infection, take these drugs, drug him & head to ny...the antibiotics work quick & motrin/tylenol will put him to sleep later....right?????
grief.
R

Anonymous said...

You're right...that sounds like no fun!! Give me a call tonight if you end up at home...I don't think we're doing anything!