Friday, December 16, 2005

New Dating Site

I joined a new dating site today. Well, it's not a new site, but it's new for me. It's called singleparentsmeet.com. I thought that maybe it would be a good idea to try dating someone with kids as well. It is a very interesting site, to say the least.

First of all, many of the men do not have any children. Second of all, many of these men are not wearing shirts in their pictures. Third of all, many of them, when stating what type of relationship they are looking for (serious, casual, etc.) state that they are looking for a pen-pal.

A pen-pal? What? How do pen-pals and dating sites go together? And what are men without children doing on a site for single PARENTS? And what's with the no shirts? I mean really. Women like to see pictures of potential partners wearing clothes. Let us use our imaginations if we'd like (although I would not like, thank you very much).

I've had a few men contact me already. Where do they live? Well, one of these shirtless, childless men lives in Palestine! But luckily, he's only looking for a pen-pal.

-B

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that Palestine, Texas? :) Will swap stories about this website with you sometime...I've found it to be a lot of fun!! Love ya...

b said...

fofoalf2000 (new) ramallah pal, Palestinian Ter

Doesn't sound like Texas to me!

Love ya too, K. Cannot wait for our girls' weekend!!!!

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with a pen pal? :o)
-m

Mrs. G.F. said...

b-
Your post cracked me up. Naked pen-pals. Men will do ANYTHING.

Thanks for your thoughtful comment and advice today. I have just been so sad about this. It felt so much better getting out on the blog. I think I like this blog stuff. :)

We are still talking about it, but things are looking bleak. I am just trying to let things hang out a bit.

By the way, I hate complaining/saying I am sad to YOU.
I could hardly believe what had happened to you and your husband when I read your blog. Just know that someone over here sends good karma your way. :)

Slacker Mom

PS Are there any normal guys on that site???

b said...

Well as my friend K from Texas said, she loves the site, so I'm assuming there are some normal ones on it. But honestly, so far I have not come across one. Well, that's a lie. I saw one guy that seemed "normal" and I sent him a message. As in, "I liked your profile, and would like to learn more about you." He sent back one word, "wink." Huh? Now what?

As for feeling bad complaining to me, please don't. Everyone has their problems, and I want people to feel just as comfortable sharing them with me as with anyone else. Sometimes I'll pull out the "well, at least your husband's not dead" comment. But that's usually in jest, and my friends can laugh and say, "yes, you win again."

Hang in there.

I'll check in later.

-B

Anonymous said...

LOL! I don't think it's a dating site... sound like something else. -J

Anonymous said...

Girlfriend, you have the right attitude! Yeah, there are a lot of oddballs on this site...think I noticed it more simply because it's so high volume. It may be rude, but this time around (I joined right before Thanksgiving), I only responded to guys in whom I was interested (that is, very few). I put right in my profile that, if they want to impress me, to send a real e-mail vs. a flirt. If he can't write a coherent sentence, he's not for me! But there are definitely some normal ones here too...hang in there!

Mrs. G.F. said...

Thanks B.

Hope you had a good day. I just finished up my Christmas shopping!! Yay!!

Now for the wrapping....


:)