Monday, December 19, 2005

Things I learned In Widow Group (not intended for sensitive eyes)

We had a small widow group tonight. Only four of us could make it. But I have to say, and this is not meant to offend anyone in group, because I love you all. This was by far my favorite widow group in a long time. I think sometimes, smaller is better (when it comes to group that is.) I have no preference as to who is at group, because each woman has been an amazing addition to my life. But it's just easier to talk when there are fewer people there.

Tonight we had our one big cry at the beginning. R, I so appreciate you sharing what you shared. I hope it took away some of the guilt you've been carrying around. We love you so much, and are always here for you. But please know, you did nothing wrong, and I don't doubt for a second that any of us put in your position would have done the same thing. Cryptic message? Sorry, you had to be a widow group. What happens at widow group stays at widow group.

However, we did touch on some great topics tonight while polishing off two bottles of wine. We realized that sex after widowhood is beyond amazing. Some of us even learned about new positions that may or may not only be feasible with a well endowed man and long arms. (Told you, this is not for sensitive eyes!!!) Also, some of us may have tried substances in the past that had a positive effect on our sex lives, while others of us found that they had a positive effect on our cleaning styles!

We discussed some equiptment that we should all own, and that I plan on purchasing for some members as soon as I have money again.

We laughed and laughed and laughed. We most likely offended everyone around us, and you know what? We didn't care. Our husbands died. Let us have our fun goddamit!

I am so thankful for widow group. You ladies are more than a support group. I love you all.

-B

2 comments:

b said...

You're firing your cleaning lady? Now I'm confused :O)
-B

b said...

I'm a dork..I get it now :O)