Monday, December 05, 2005

A Tale of Two Households

Mel's house tonight: Mel brought home a gift basket that she won in a raffle. Her 2 daughters spent the next 45 minutes quietly "decorating" the basket with the tissue paper that came in it. Meanwhile, Mel cooked dinner.

My house: While trying to book my flight to Austin, I continuously had to break up fights between my two sons (who are, by the way, pretty much the same ages as Mel's girls). Was incredibly thankful, therefore for the few minutes of total silence while I got my confirmation information for my flights.

Hung up the phone, walked into still quiet living room only to find both boys sitting on couch, separated by the contents of a large bag of pretzels spilled between them. While I am trying to make sense out of the mess in front of me, Jacob proudly announces, "Mommy, I put toothpaste on the pretzels!" Cue cute smile.

-B

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But maybe if he continues to play with toothpaste... he'll never play with cavities. -Patrick

Anonymous said...

lol- J

Anonymous said...

Just wait until they turn five and roll their eyes at you while saying yeah right mom....It only gets better
n