Sunday, December 04, 2005

Bombdiggity Weekend

That's a good thing, as Patrick and I learned from the movie, "Bring it on...again." My weekend started out watching this movie classic with Patrick after dining on some tasty thai food. We turned the movie into a drinking game (God, we are so mature). We had to drink every time someone cheered. Needless to say, we both had plenty to drink. The movie was more entertaining than you might imagine; there were twists galore, and the characters showed such depth, I'm surprised there was never an oscar nominee out of it. Or maybe I drank too much. Either way, fun night.

Saturday was actually a really fun day with the boys. I can't remember what we did, but I know they both napped at the same time for 2 hours.

Yesterday afternoon I picked up boyfriend for the night. He's really good for me. Makes me laugh ridiculously hard, and is amazing in many many ways. We watched, "Mad Hot Ballroom." It was a great documentary (and this time I wasn't drinking) about a ballroom dance program that was implemented in all NYC public schools after 9/11. It teaches 5th graders to dance, and at the end of the program there is a "dance off." I highly recommend it to people who like watching kids be kids. If kids annoy you, don't see it.

Today we hung out and had a leisurely morning together. The boys took another convenient 2 hour nap, which allowed boyfriend and I to get some more quality time together. :O)

All in all, one of the best, most relaxing weekends I've had in a very long time. It was the bombdiggitiest. Thanks to all involved.

-B

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You no longer have the right to criticize my taste in movies. Bombdiggity? :o)

Very glad you had fun though. If your students only knew how you and Mr. K spent Friday night...

-m