Friday, December 23, 2005

Vacation!

After a full day of school, I am now officially on vacation. I actually had a really good day today. Maybe I should start every day with a positive affirmation. I had a really nice day with my students, but they (or really their parents) went completely overboard with their gifts.

At the end of the day, we did a pretty neat activity. We sat in a circle and went around it saying what we wished for ourselves for the new year, as well as what we wished for the people sitting on either side of us. I so wish I had audio taped it. The wishes they made for each other were so thoughtful and sweet. MB only gets to see his father 2 times a year and TM wished for him to be able to spend more time with him. GS has some bone problems, and KW wished for her to be totally healthy. It was really touching, and of course made me want to cry.

Saying goodbye to them for a week's vacation was really hard. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle saying goodbye at the end of the year. Being with the same class for two years is such an incredible experience, but we have really become like a family, and just the thought of "losing them" breaks my heart. One can only hope that by June I will be so sick of them that the goodbye will come easily :O)

Patrick came over tonight and we enjoyed some yummy takeout and viewed "Fever Pitch." We had fun. The movie was so so. I wouldn't say I recommend it, but had fun watching it.

So all in all, today was the good day I had hoped for.

-B

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it was a good day. You deserve it. :o) P.S. Sorry I missed the movie and take out.

Mrs. G.F. said...

yay! I am glad you had a good day.
I am in the middle of getting ready for company, but I wanted to jump on and say that I am thinking of you today.

Merry christmas!

Funny how you can think about someone you never 'met ' before.

Wishing you the best.

ramblingmuse said...

Merry Christmas!

Glad to hear you had a good day. :-)

Enjoy your break!