Sunday, February 12, 2006

Updates On My Life

This is a scene from my backyard from earlier today. According to the news, my city received 19 inches of snow. It looks beautiful out, but it was way too cold and windy to take the boys out, even for a few minutes. So we were housebound. And it pretty much sucked. I'll spare you the details, but will say that my sweet two and a half year old broke one of my kitchen cabinets out of anger. That was fun. Please, please, please, let there be school tomorrow!

I still have not heard from NB, and to be honest, am more than troubled by it. I left a voicemail this morning, because I need to know what time to tell sitters for Tuesday if it's gonna happen. Walter was worried that he was avoiding my call based on my number, so he did the honorable thing, and called from his number. No answer either, so that's good. He was supposed to fly home today, but Logan is closed, so who knows when he'll get in.

I'm at a total loss as to why I haven't heard from him. The only possible excuses are that he lost his blackberry, or that he forgot to bring the charger. But if he blows off my birthday, someone had better go kick his ass. There will be no further dates. But the weird thing is, I know that he really liked me. And, he's always been really upfront, no BS. So if there were a problem with us, wouldn't he be upfront?

I'm still doing Atkins. And am actually feeling good about it now. I had more energy today, and was able to exercise mid-day. I also finally got on the scale. I was terrified to do so, so didn't to start out. But the good news is I only (only?) have 35 pounds to lose to be at my thinnest that I've been as an adult. And while that's a lot, I really thought it was more like 50. So 35 sounds pretty doable to me. Last time I lost a ton of weight, I weighed 10 pounds less than now to start. So I'm capable of losing it. The only difference is that was pre-kids, and I was younger, and I was addicted to the gym. But still, I can do it.

When will I hear from NB????????????????????

And what will I do on my b-day if I don't hear from him?

This sucks. I don't need this crap right now, I really don't. Kelly, I cannot wait to see you and bask in the Texan sun next weekend!

-b

p.s. thanks for all of your supportive words yesterday. I get in these funks, and it can be hard to come out of them. I appreciate your help :O)


12 comments:

b said...

No maintenance for me. Year round landscapers. In the summer they mow, and weed. In the winter they plow and shovel. I would do it if I could, but with the boys, it's really just not possible. And I hated relying on the kindness of friends and family.

M said...

If he blows off your birthday (which he won't :O), I will personally go kick his ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and...

You can definitely reach your weight goal! I know you can do it! :o)

Mrs. G.F. said...

B-

I like what Walter is saying, he'll call.

I did Google blackberry shut down, but they haven't done that yet. Have you heard? They are in a patent battle, and they may be ordered to shut down their service, I thought it might be a possible explanation for you. :)

You can lose the weight, take it one baby step at a time. If you mess up (which we ALL do), don't beat yourself up, just get right back on track. :)

Every year for Valentine's Day, me and my friends used to wear black and not "celebrate" it. Although we live away from each other, we still do it. Would you like to join us?

b said...

Oh, I just may take you up on that! Although it's a bit harder when you teach elem. school. Our whole afternoon is a V-Day party!

Highlandgal said...

I could be that he's not a phone person. My dh wasn't when we were dating. We'd go a week or week and a half without talking. And this was after we were already gettin' it on. So, try not to imagine the worst. I know it's hard.

And...when you do get to see him again you might want to talk to him about keeping in contact a little better.

ramblingmuse said...

Ooo...the pic is so pretty, but I'm sure living in it is another story!

Don't worry about NB. You know most men when they are busy and such just focus on that one thing, so I wouldn't start getting too anxious about the situation yet.

Glad your diet is going well. You can totally do it! 35 lbs will be no problem! :-)

And if he doesn't celebrate your bday, I will also help kick his a**!!

Love ya,
RM

Anonymous said...

Hello from the future (I live +12:00hr on the Internation Dateline see).

Anyway, I just thought that I would send you an e-card for your day tomorrow (which might be two days from now I'm not sure).

So for the 14th here goes:

E-Card

BTW, I wish my backyard looked like that but it never snows here which sucks. Hell, I lived at the foot of a mountain for 25 years and it never snowed.

StringMan said...

Hi B ... enjoy the snows today? Me too. I was reading your archives. Think I'm caught up now. Let's see what that NB is up to :) Until the next post ....

Dial-Up Princess said...

*hugs* The yard looks like a winter wonderland...Keep us posted on the NB situation. :)

b said...

You guys are the best. I will let you know what happens, but am assuming at this point that something happened to his blackberry. He has never ignored me like this in the past, and there is nothing I can think of that would be causing him to do so now.

Stringman,
Glad you got caught up. Nice to have another local reader.

Lowded Wookie,
Yet again, you have blown me away. What an unbelievably sweet gesture. I love the card, and the words you wrote couldn't be any nicer. It made me cry, of course, but in a good way. Thank you.

Mrs. G.F. said...

B-
Where are you?
Whats going on?

I am doing the "check your blog every few minutes, sigh, then check again" thing.

Are you ok?

ramblingmuse said...

Yeah, I'm concerned too.

How goes??