Thursday, February 16, 2006

Sorry For The Delay

I knew it was a good idea to bring the topic to all of you wise souls. Soon after I posted, I got a phone call from my day care provider saying that Joshua had a fever of 103.5 So I had to pick him up and bring him to the doctor's. Poor little guy had a bad ear infection, and wanted to be held all afternoon.

So I wasn't ignoring you and your advice, I was actually off the computer for a change, holding my little boy.

Regarding your advice, I thought everyone had valid points. I was a bit surprised to see such diverse answers, but I guess that's why I asked you.

I was very unhappy with NB's response. What upset me most was that there was no apology. He never said he was sorry for making me worry, or for missing my birthday. He never offered to make it up to me, he never mentioned the future.

I have enough abandonment issues (due to Joe dying) I don't need a boyfriend who takes off for long periods of time without any contact, and then makes lame ass excuses.

I have always told myself that this time around I will not settle for anyone that's not a perfect match for me and my boys. That doesn't mean that the man will be perfect, because frankly, I don't believe anyone is perfect. But there is someone out there that will treat me as well as I treat them.

NB did not live up to that expectation. He let me down, and seems to not feel any guilt for doing so. He is not my perfect match. So I will keep looking, and will eventually find someone worthy. One can only hope at least!

Until then, I hope you'll continue with me on my crazy journey, that has somehow become my life :O)

-b

oh, and in case you're wondering, I did respond to his email. Here's what I wrote:
I'm glad you're ok. I never received an email.

9 comments:

ramblingmuse said...

B,

It's weird. I don't know whether to cheer, be bummed with you, or be glad. A bit of all three, I guess! :-)

Stand strong in the knowledge of what you want and don't give in or up until you get it!

I liked your response to his email. Your integrity all along the way was great, and it will hit him later on about the poor way he handled it.

Keep on, keeping on!

Sleep well!

StringMan said...

Good response to his email. If he cares at all, he'll pick up the phone and call. Very lame excuses from him. Wipe your feet on a mat (symbolic removal of his crap) and move on down the road. Better stuff is ahead.

Mrs. G.F. said...

Good for you.

But I am sorry it happened.

((B))

Highlandgal said...

Your response is...terse. You didn't give him any more than he gave you. But you told the truth. You did good.

Jen said...

103.5 fever? Is that even possible? My god, I hope your little guy is feeling better soon!

b said...

Jen,
While that would be a very high (and scary) temp for an adult, it's not a totally crazy temp for a toddler. High enough to go to the doctor's, but not high enough for the hospital :O)

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you knew what you had to do to make this right for you. I hope he feels like a steaming turd.

Anonymous said...

I second Lingo Slinger!

M said...

You done good. Definitely made the right decision. He doesn't come close to deserving you!