Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Freaked Out

Last night at widow group we discussed getting signs from our husbands that they are here with us. As you know, I've had a few. And now I just had another one. But this one scared the crap out of me.

When I got home from work today, I took the boys across the street to play at our neighbor's house. When we got home, we came in through the front door instead of the back. I threw my purse and keys on the stairs.

When I took the boys up to bed, Jacob reached for my keys on the stairs, and I told him not to touch them. He said, "I'm just looking mommy."

So just a few minutes ago I went to put the keys from my stairs, to the normal place I keep them, near the back door. I didn't want Jacob to be tempted to play with them in the morning.

I walk to the stairs and see my purse sitting there. No keys. Immediately freak out that someone broke in and took my keys.

Pick up phone and call Mel so she can call cops if I come across serial killer in my house.

Walk into kitchen, switch on light, lightbulb blew.

Now I'm freaking out completely (just ask Mel).

Then I saw them. The keys were hanging. Where Joe used to hang his keys.

Chills, chills, chills, chills.

Love the signs, but am scared out of my fucking mind.

-b

6 comments:

ramblingmuse said...

Whoa...

I have no comment.

Uhhh...!!!

M said...

I will vouch for her. VERY freaked out, as was I... (I kept looking around my bedroom, don't know what I was expecting to see...)

The good news is, it's Joe. That's a good thing. Nothing to be scared of. He just wants to let you know he's there for you. :o)

Erin said...

WOW, that's freaky, but so neat!

Mrs. G.F. said...

Mel's right, no need to fear being hurt, but completely freaky!!


What did you do after?? I think I'd want to sleep with the boys, I don't think I would've wanted to be alone...

Sorry that it was scary...glad you got a sign..

J.Rowe said...

What to even say...a bit too intense of a sign for me. I like the falling pennies better: )

Gunnella said...

Freaky yes, but still nice, doesn´t seem to be threatening in any way, merely an assertion of precence. Have you ever been to a medium? I went after my mum died and it helped me a lot, and I did not believe in it before going!