Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I know this is cheesy, but....

As I was driving in my car this afternoon, a Don Henley song came on the radio. The song is about a breakup, but I felt so connected to the words, that I started to cry. (I know, big surprise!)
Here are the lyrics that stood out.

I’m learning to live without you now
But I miss you, baby
And the more I know, the less I understand
All the things I thought I’d figured out
I have to learn again
I’ve been trying to get down
To the heart of the matter
But everything changes
And my friends seem to scatter
But I think it’s about forgiveness
Forgiveness
Even if, even if you don’t love me anymore


I hope Joe knows that I forgive him. I hope he forgives me as well. And man, oh man, do I miss him. You'd think that after almost two years it wouldn't be so bad, wouldn't you? But it feels like it was just last month.
I’m learning to live without you now
But I miss you, baby
And the more I know, the less I understand
All the things I thought I’d figured out
I have to learn again

-b

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Music is one of the ways I get through it all, and this is one of my favorites. I can sure understand how this one would touch you so much! Check out "Everything is Different Now" too...also a great one.

ramblingmuse said...

*hugs*

Mrs. G.F. said...

*sigh*

Not comparing grief at all here.

I lost an Uncle 4 1/2 years ago. A bachelor uncle, I was like the daughter/granfdaughter he would never have. We were very close.

I still miss him, at certain points, or moments. I don't know when I won't.

So, I can't even imagine how you would stop missing a husband.

((B))

emotional girl said...

again, i love how honest you are with your posts.
i don't think the missing/pain ever truly goes away but it does lessen a little every year.
more like a dull ache than a sharp wincing stab to the heart.
hugs to you and your boys.