Friday, March 24, 2006

Crap TV

One of Joe's favorite things to tease me about was my taste in television shows. He would often walk into the living room, peer at the tv, and then slowly say, "c-e-r-a-p." I would giggle and say, "I know, and I love it." He would often watch it with me, making fun of it/me the whole time.

And I will admit that I do love crap tv. The more mindless, the better. It's a nice reality break for me to watch someone else's trainwreck of a life.

Here's a list of what's currently on my to do list on TIVO:

* stands for quality
** stands for crap
*** stands for I'm embarrassed to admit that I watch/love this show

Sopranos*
Big Love*
Trading Spouses Meet Your New Mommy***
Beverly Hills 90210**
Real world/Road Rules challenge**
Cheerleader Nation**(My new favorite show)
The Real World**
Oprah**
Wife Swap***
The Apprentice**
My Super Sweet 16**
American Idol**
The Amazing Race* (Joe liked this one too)
Real Housewives of the OC** (My other new favorite)
8th & Ocean***


That's it. Go ahead, tell me it's all crap. I can take it :O)

-b

13 comments:

Erin said...

I must be a "crap" lover too! I like most of them!

b said...

Oh good. You both made me feel better!

Kristi,
Thanks again for coming to the party last night. It was so great to meet you!

StringMan said...

Oh yes. It's true. Pure crap.

So what?

As Sheryl Crowe says, "If it makes you happy, it can't be that bad."

Crap on, my dear ...

b said...

thanks, Stringman! Do you watch tv?

M said...

I have to admit, I love to make fun of you for t.v. too! :o) (Which you well know.)

But truthfully, I haven't heard of half of these shows! How pathetic is that?

allison said...

I watch a couple of those shows too. However, I disagree that Oprah is crap! I love me some Oprah! Long live Oprah! Who's with me?

M said...

I agree with Allison that Oprah is not crap. I would consider that quality tv. (Most of the time anyway - occasionally an episode is a little much. :o)

Anonymous said...

You MUST add Grey's Anatomy to your list!!! It's fantastic.

I also love The Amazing Race. I'm so glad they're back to their usual format.

b said...

Allison,
It was hard for me to decide where to place Oprah. I will change her to quality.

And Walt, Cheerleader Nation is on Lifetime. It's a documentary/reality show about a high school in Kentucky, and a year in the life of the cheerleaders. I love love love it!

4texans said...

I guess that puts me in the crap tv lover category, too! I have watched or browsed some of those.

I love love the Amazing Race, I am religious about watching it!

Anonymous said...

Admittedly I'd say I don't watch any of those shows many because a lot of them don't show here in New Zealand, the season has ended here in New Zealand, or they suck and I don't care about them at all. ;-)

I remember my ex-girlfriend used to watch this show called McLeod's Daughters which is an Aussie soap about chicks on a cattle ranch in Australia. I didn't like the show but I liked what it did to her. She was happy watching it and that made me happy.

I remember the season finale where one of the characters died and she cried and without being asked I went and got her a box of tissues which I think made her cry some more but no one would have noticed anyway. :-)

That being said there's definately shows that I would watch that others wouldn't because they would think they suck.

Each and all to their own huh?

Anonymous said...

Does the Amazing Race in America have that Phil Keogan fellow in it?

He's from New Zealand don't ya know but he obviously used to live in somewhere in America or Canada because his accent is definately NOT kiwi.

BTW, Aussie accents are funny. If you ever meet one ask them to say six. It's funny because they deny it and think that we kiwis say it but when they say six it sounds like sex.

Jen said...

Big Love. More like Big Disappointment. Ick. But Sopranos, I do love. Love, love, love.