Thursday, March 30, 2006

How Easily We Forget

You know how you forget how horrible childbirth is soon after you've had a baby? Otherwise no one would have more than one child. Not only do you forget about childbirth, but you also forget how horrible the third trimester of pregnancy is.

Well I've discovered that I have forgotten about the horrible stages toddlers go through. Even though Jacob is just one year older than Josh, every time Josh enters a new phase I think to myself, "I forgot about that phase." Hopefully that means that each phase passes really quickly, and that's why I forget.

Current phase? The I want to do everything myself phase. That includes diaper myself, pour my own milk, put my shoes on, and strap myself into my car seat. All without any assistance from mom. And if mom tries to help? Well the whole neighborhood will know because I will scream at the very top of my lungs one word, "NO!"

How in the world did I forget this phase? And when does it end?

Luckily, he's so darn cute I can't stay mad for long.

-b

5 comments:

Mrs. G.F. said...

LOL, what a difference a year makes!!

Seriously, it's just that you are too busy to remember that stuff...you are in the thick of it.

:)

Erin said...

Yikes! I'm not looking forward to that stage! I hope it passes soon and you can get on with forgetting it! :)

M said...

Look on the bright side - independence is a good thing!!!!! :o)

At least he won't be in third grade and need you to straighten his cubby at school for him. :o)

StringMan said...

Forgetting all that stuff is definitely a survival instinct. You'd go crazy otherwise.

Anonymous said...

I really think that these memory blocks are what keeps humanity going.
In the middle of hard labor with my second I turned to my husband in total fear of what was to come and said "I remember birth. I don't want to do this!"