Sunday, June 04, 2006

Updates
(because you're dying to hear them, I'm sure!)

Brooklyn- She requires surgery for her eye, and Michele from widow group is going to operate on her this Wednesday, and spay her at the same time. My vet's office was useless. They charged me $85 to look in her eye and tell me that they couldn't help me; to go see a dog opthemologist. Who knew they existed? It turns out that last week at puppy kindergarten, another dog tore her third eyelid. I watched her get attacked by the other puppy, but didn't realize she had been harmed.

Brooklyn is also becoming a thorn in my side. She has become a barker, a destroyer of clothing, and an all around pain in the ass. She is costing me a fortune, and I do not like her right now.

But she and the boys adore each other, and she's fun on walks. I'm hopeful that things will get better as she matures. Should I hold out hope?

Big boy bed- Jacob's big boy bed arrived yesterday. We compromised on the sheets, and bought him Dora sheets. They are pink and purple, but at least have a tv character on them :O)
He slept in it all of last night, and went to sleep tonight fine as well. It's very exciting.
Below is a pic. Yes, I am aware that it looks like a girl's room.
Jogging stroller- I bought an amazing double jogging stroller yesterday. The best of the best. It's called BOB, and I'm really excited about using it to start running again. I have been shopping around for one for about a month, but yesterday had the smart idea to go to the children's boutique that Joe's cousins opened last year. Sure enough, they had the stroller. And better still, they insisted that I pay only the real cost of the stroller, not the customer cost. So I saved a few hundred dollars!

We took two long walks today with it, and I cannot tell you how much easier it was to push than my other double strollers. The jogging will begin when school ends in two weeks. I hope to go in the mornings when the boys wake up, before it gets too hot out.

2nd date- I had my second date today with that guy I went out with a few weeks ago. It was an amazing date. That's all I will write about it. But, we have a third date set for next weekend. So that's exciting.

I think that's all my news for now. Am I forgetting anything?

-b

11 comments:

ramblingmuse said...

Hmmm...

Brooklyn - maybe she needs obedience school or some sort of discipline training? Hope her surgery goes well.

Yay, on the big boy bed! That's definitely a milestone! The pink sheets are cute. He'll grow up being secure in his masculinity, for sure. Kidding...LOL...

Cool about the stroller and 'yay' about the date!

M said...

What's with the colors? My eyes hurt. :o)

Things with Brooklyn will definitely calm down. She's a puppy. Things are supposed to be crazy for a while. Be firm with her. :o)

LOVE the bed! Can't wait to see it in person. Also can't wait until B's is up. She will have a princess blanket on her bed. At least Jacob didn't want that. :o)

Date sounds great! I hope next week is equally fun. Fun is good! :o)

allison said...

I'd say to give Brooklyn some time to become less puppy and more dog. It sounds like she's getting plenty of exercise -- that usually helps.

Maisy said...

Concentrate on the fact that the boys love Brooklyn, and she really is adorable.

Apart from that, my experience is she'll continue to be a pain in the butt for sometime yet - it's probably longer than you think.....

I found buying lots of bones and doggy chew things helped a little.

Ali

Anonymous said...

On the dog: since Brooklyn is part poodle, she will likely be very intelligent and well behaved once she grows up a bit.

On the boy's girlish room: my room was covered in pictures of sports cars. Nuff said.

On the stroller: I hope you are telling every stranger you pass on the street that your stroller is called BOB, for best of best. I think you probably are.

Anonymous said...

P.S.: Since when did dogs have three eyelids?

Anonymous said...

For the love of pete, no green writing please!!!
And you know my feelings on pets.....

Mrs. G.F. said...

Dogs- I love mine, but they are kind of a pain, she will grow put of some of it. Just be a good disciplinarian. :)

Good strollers are the best, I loved mine too, I can't believe my kids are almost out of it!

Awesome on the date, I hope things continue togo well, just give us a few tidbits to satiate curiousity every now and then, ok???

Anonymous said...

u really ought to not date till u are over ur late husband

--the lurk--

b said...

Lurk,
I appreciate your comment, but be over my husband? What does that mean? Not sure that's possible.

Please read http://relaxedalert.blogspot.com/2006/02/dating-while-grieving-i-realized.html
for clarification :O)

Leslie said...

Jacob's bed looks just like my 3 yo, same rails and same Dora sheets and pillows. I'm glad he likes it and who cares if it's pink, he doesn't:)
All pets can be a real pain in the ass but they are great for the kids. I have a love hate relationship with our cat. I hope the surgery goes well.