Saturday, June 17, 2006

Quick Updates

Sorry to be gone for so long; this was an incredibly busy week. I was out every night, and too busy during the day to blog, or check blogs. I have a few minutes now, while Dora is entertaining the boys, to fill you in on the latest.

Yesterday was the last day of school. I had a great time with my students. I wore shorts and sneakers (which shocked them), and we played a great game of capture the flag. Patrick and I played on opposing teams. It was lots of fun.

Saying goodbye was incredibly hard. Lots of tears were shed, but none by me. I held it together until they left. Patrick and I gave each of them a $5 gift certificate to a local bookstore. They were so excited!

They gave me the most perfect presents. They all chipped in and gave me a full day at a spa. This includes a one hour massage, facial, manicure, pedicure, and eyebrow wax. How awesome is that? I also got $25 gift cards to Barnes & Noble, and Starbucks, as well as a pretty, silver bracelet.

Following the emotional goodbyes, I had a very upsetting meeting with someone I work for. She spoke to me in a way that I've never been spoken to in my life. Mel came to my defense, which made her attack Mel, and made me cry. So that part of the day sucked. I mean really sucked. But then Jill (who is a lurker here. Say hello, Jill!) had a party at her house, and it was a blast. I think I drank 5 margaritas. I was drunk, and it felt great.

So that was yesterday.

Tomorrow I have date # 4 with the nice guy. I'm looking forward to it. Then Patrick is coming over for dinner and a movie, which is always fun. So Father's Day shouldn't be too bad this year.

On Thursday night I bought new running shoes, and today I actually went running! First I took a decent walk with Mel (and all the kids, and the puppy.) Then I ran home from Mel's house with the kids and the puppy. I'm sure we were quite the sight. Mel and I live very close to each other, so the distance wasn't huge, but it was a start. And it felt great.

I think that's all my news.

I'M ON SUMMER VACATION!!!!!!!!!! No work again until Sept. 6th!

Have a great weekend.

-b

9 comments:

allison said...

I'm sure you'll enjoy your summer with the boys and the dog. I don't think it's hit me yet that school is out!

BTW, I changed where I'm hosting my blog, so maybe it'll be nicer to your computer? Let me know ;)

b said...

Allison,

I wonder if it won't hit you until school restarts again...

I'll let you know about the new site. I have no idea why my computer disliked your old site so much!

Anonymous said...

I've been missing ya! Glad to hear things are going well. I may give you a call this week.

M said...

It's amazing how many ups and downs there can be in a day!

Don't downplay the run from my house. Good for you for doing it. You've got to start somewhere. :o)

The party was awesome! And I was trying to get you to drink a sixth margarita! (Didn't know if you remembered that part... :o)

J.Rowe said...

Glad the party was fun and awesome job with the running. I bet it felt great. I'm so happy that both you and Mel are done with school! We leave tomorrow night. So, I'll be around during the day on Monday.

Mrs. G.F. said...

Sounds great, except for the icky work part. Which you can't blog about because you not supposed too.

Anyway, YYAHHHHOOOOO. You are on summer vaca. That rocks..enjoy it.

I love it when a class gets organized and gives a teacher something GOOD. And that was a fabulous present.

Great job on the run. You DID it. And continue, don't beat yourself up.

Heck you did what Navy Boy does, and I wouldn't do it. He runs with both kids and the dog, that's alot of work. GOOD JOB!!!

:)

Leslie said...

Yippe for summer vacation!!!! You should check out the trail at Fresh Pond, you can bring the kids and the dog for great walks/runs. Enjoy the summer with the kiddos!!!!

Anonymous said...

Why did you wearing shorts and sneakers shock the kids? Do you have whitey legs? :-)

b said...

LW, I always wear skirts, or pants. Never have I worn shorts to school before.