Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Date # 6

Tonight was date # 6 with T. Not sure when I'm supposed to stop counting dates, but I'm guessing soon.

Last Thursday T asked me what my favorite restaurant was, and tonight we went there. (Stringman, if you have not tried this restaurant, you really must!)

We had a delicious meal. We started with Tomato Terrine w/ Mozzarella “di Bufala”
Fresh Basil, Arugula Infused Olive Oil ($13), and a basket of their homemade bread.

I then had Bell and Evans Organic Chicken Breast “Involtini”
Filled w/ Prosciutto di Parma, Sage, and Fontina; Porcini Cream, Roasted Artichokes and Baby Carrots, Tellagio/Yukon Potato Mash ($23), and T had Duck Confit, Crispy Leg and Seared Breast
Escarole “Affogato” Stuffed w/ White Raisins, Pignoli- Apricot and Pear Brandy Sauce ($26). We then shared Hot Chocolate Soufflé
w/ Vanilla Bean Gelato and Hot Chocolate GanacheÂ’ ($10)

I drank two glasses of wine, and he drank one beer.

It was a perfect meal with perfect company.

He stayed here for a while after dinner, but lives over an hour away, so didn't want to stay too late.

So far so good.....

-b

p.s. Mel, I'm assuming it's too late to call you, but I can watch the girls tomorrow.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I would like that restaurant!

b said...

Jeanne,
I'm sure you would! It's been my favorite for years. Everything is made to order, and it's a very intimate setting. No two tables are next to each other.

b said...

Walt,

WEe got the Hot Chocolate soufle. I have no idea what kind of beer he drank. I had never heard of it before.

Mrs. G.F. said...

:sigh:

Sounds so nice...

Great convo too???

Even better...:sigh:

I think I need me one of these things called a "date", been far, far too long since the last one.

Anonymous said...

Just so long as it was American beer. To put it frankly I make American beer everytime I need to go for a leak.

Everything other country's beer is fine but for a bit of nationalistic pride pretty much any beer brewed in New Zealand is great, except for Lion Red which is an Auckland beer and would be New Zealand's equivalent to American beer. ;-)

Glad you enjoyed the dates. Seems he's pretty keen on you if he's traveling an hour to be with you. That's dedication.

M said...

I recommended the restaurant today on your behalf. :o) I should have sent the person here to read this entry. :o)

Leslie said...

Ohh sounds like a great date. I've been there once, I think for my b'day a few years back pre-kids.

J.Rowe said...

My mouth is watering... the food is so good! Sounds like a perfect date. Lots to catch up on... you've been busy.

MacGuffin said...

I'm excited to hear things are going so well! And he said okay to the blogging too? Brave man.

I'm happy you're having fun, B.