Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Cool Gift

My class had an end of the year party today, and my class gave me the best gift they could have given me.

They wrote a book about why they've liked having me as a teacher for two years. They did it at home, and one of the moms assembled it.

What made it such a great gift was that almost every student wrote that they loved how I was always smiling and laughing.

To my students I am a happy, carefree woman. I'm in control, and cheer them on to learn.

To know that that's how they see me, is such a gigantic gift.

Have I told you lately how sad I am to let them go?

-b

5 comments:

J.Rowe said...

You'll all have special memories of your time together. One my favorite gifts and such a nice surprise. They love you.

M said...

You are a gigantic gift to them. They were lucky to have you - especially for two years. :o)

ramblingmuse said...

Aww...that's such a special gift! Your class just sounds SO precious! :-)

BTW...did I miss this? What was the book they picked out for you?

b said...

Ah, the book they picked out for me was a sequel to Poppy, by Avi. We were reading Poppy at the time :O)

Maisy said...

These gifts are the precious, treasured ones. Expensive, store-bought gifts don't have anything on the heartfelt treasures like this book.

You, and the lessons you have taught them, will remain with these children forever. I remember my grade 1 teacher, her generosity and dispute management 38 years later....

Ali