Wednesday, June 21, 2006

My Day
(with pictures!)

Woke up at 5:15 to the sound of the boys playing in their room. Thinking that this had to be a cruel joke, I turned over in my bed and tried to fall back asleep. Eventually the yelling became too loud to ignore, and I went into the bedroom. I found Joshua, standing in his crib, pajamas fully on, but diaper on the mattress. How he managed to take his diaper off and keep his pajamas on is a mystery.

Took him out of crib, went downstairs to put on fresh diaper, realized we were out of diapers. Found one hiding in purse, put it on him, put kids in car, drove to store to buy more diapers.

Came home, fed kids, fed dog, fed myself. It was now 6:15. Ugh.

Made strong cup of coffee, brought in newspaper, turned on tv, tried to relax.

Broke up a gazillion fights, was curt to Mel on the phone, strapped on running shoes.


Took the boy6s and the dog on a run. Dropped boys off at daycare. (they go on Wednesdays and Thursdays during the summer so that we don't kill eachother)

Got home at 8:00, and took a minute to literally smell the roses.
Got to work on my garden. Planted 12 tomato plants, and 3 basil plants.
Got to cleaning the house. Cleaned kitchen, living room and dining room. We are having the boys' birthday party here this Saturday, and the house was a bit of a disaster.

Took shower at noon.

Went shopping by myself! I'm not sure the last time I did that. I bought all of the clothes below at the Gap Outlet, and spent $86! Isn't that great?
Then I went to Target and bought supplies for the party. I spent more than $86 :O(
At 2:00 I met with the third grade team to plan for next year. Despite what many people think, teachers do work during the summer!

At 4:00 I headed off to therapy, and spent from 4:30-5:20 discussing me :O)

Drove home at 5:30, grabbed Brooklyn, walked to pick up boys, got home at 6:30.

Gave boys a snack, fed puppy, took garbage and recycling to the curb, changed boys into pajamas.

Took boys up to bed, read 5 books, sand 3 songs, changed 1 diaper, got 2 cups of water, closed the door.

And here it is 8:00. I think I will eat some dinner, then go read on the screened in porch. I'm exhausted!

-b



7 comments:

Mrs. G.F. said...

You should be wiped out!!!

You have a screen porch, nice. :sigh:

Proud of you for running this morning. :)

I am dead beat tired myself, these summer days are BUSY.

Have a great night.

xoxox
SM

Nick and Amy said...

I'm exhausted just reading! What a busy day:)

Leslie said...

I'm tired from reading that too, oh wait, I'm always tired. LOL
I was just at the Gap Outlet on Tues and got great stuff too. I bet we were at the same one. In a town that's named after "Aqua". ;)

M said...

I think your day was great! Otherwise you might get bored. :o)

P.S. LOVE the pictures. They really made the entry "come alive".
:o)

b said...

Lesloe,

You got it! One of these days we should actually meet!

Anonymous said...

I had the exact same day.

allison said...

Whew, you were busy! And yes, teachers do work over the summer. It's the only time they have to get ready for the next school year. I am on leave next year and I went to a freaking English teacher meeting today!