Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Thank You

I have a number of people to thank for the past few days.

1. Michele- Thank you for coming to my house, looking at Brooklyn's eye, and offering to operate on it tomorrow. I'm sure you know what a huge help that is, and I hope you know how much I appreciate it.

2. Melanie- Thank you for showing up at my door yesterday morning, and helping me with my sick Josh. Thank you for talking me through my breakdown on the way home from the doctor's. Thank you for meeting us in the driveway after said breakdown. Thank you for getting the boys ready for bed, and cleaning my kitchen. Thank you for showing up this morning to see if you could help. Thanks for being you.

3. My pediatrician- Thank you for asking me how I was doing, and allowing me to cry uncontrollably in your office about how hard this has been. Thank you for calling me when I got home to see how I was doing. Thank you for calling again today with an offer of help. Thank you for never charging me a co-pay. Thank you for not making me feel like a crazy woman every time I cry in front of you. Thank you for really, truly caring.

4. My class- Thank you for being so amazing. Thank you for making me laugh every day. Thank you for telling me that this will be the year you'll always look back on as your favorite year. Thank you for making me look forward to work each day.

5. Widow Group- Thank you for letting me vent out all of my frustrations. Thank you for letting me talk more than my fair share. Thank you for making me laugh every single week, when all I wanted to do on my drive to dinner was cry. Thank you for being the best support group there could be.

6. Patrick- Thank you for helping me all year long in the classroom, and out. Thank you for backing me up all the time, and for going along with my crazy ideas, and games. (currently we are not allowed to say out loud the day of the week that it is. If we do, we owe the other person a dollar. Who else would go along with that?) Thank you for seeing me through all of my moods this year. And thank you for all the help in the classroom too :O)

7. My blog readers- Thank you to those that I know in real life, and those that I've never met, for reading about my life each day. Thank you for your smart, funny, and thoughtful comments. Thank you for caring.

There are countless other people to thank, but it's time for bedtime stories in bed. My favorite part of the day :O)

-b

10 comments:

Maisy said...

Thank YOU for allowing us to share in your life.

Ali

M said...

You're more than welcome. And I second Ali's comment. :o)

Alicia said...

You're welcome ... and thank you for reading MY blog and sharing in MY life.

and THANK YOU for planning on coming to the Baltimore 'bago! :-D It's gonna be great!

Anonymous said...

I also thank you for letting us share your life.

I also want thank you for introducing me to the blogging world! I love reading about everyone on your list and it helps me feel less alone in this Mommy/NE World! LOL

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to do something to help my friend, Betsy. I'll take very good care of her for you.

ramblingmuse said...

Aww, b! Thanks for being so open and candid about things going on in your life. I'm SO glad I stumbled upon your blog way back when! :-)

Sweet dreams! "See" you tomorrow! LOL!

StringMan said...

You are surrounded by some very nice and supportive people, B. Everyone needs that, and so few actually have it.

Anonymous said...

Betsy-Your blog is validating. It puts words to the many emotions many of us as young widows feel. Although each of our stories is different and we may have toddlers or teens, there is a commonality to this walk of widowhood. Thanks for sharing your walk with us.

Mrs. G.F. said...

(((b)))

Oh, baby girl. Sounds like an impossibly hard stretch has been going on.

I am so glad you have great friends, and support in real life for these hard times.

Mrs. G.F. said...

(((b)))

Oh, baby girl. Sounds like an impossibly hard stretch has been going on.

I am so glad you have great friends, and support in real life for these hard times.