Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The Cure

Did you know that I am a huge fan of The Cure? My very first boyfriend introduced me to them when I was a freshman in high school. We would spend lazy afternoons lying in bed, napping to the Disintegration album. For years, if I wanted to take a daytime nap, all I had to do was play this album, and I would be out. To this day, I can't listen to "Pictures of You" in the car, for fear of falling asleep.

Sometimes I'll be in a bar or driving in my car, and a song by The Cure will come on. Every time I get excited, and it brings me back to high school, when life was far simpler.

One of my favorite songs (although it's so hard to choose) is "Just Like Heaven." Recently I heard a version of this song by Katie Melua. I downloaded it from itunes, and have since been playing it non-stop. As much as I love the original version, there is something amazingly magical and beautiful about this version. Download it now. I promise you won't regret it.

-b

9 comments:

((( MK ))) said...

Great album by a great band! If you're interested, check out their concert available for free on Comcast OnDemand. It's in the Concert category under Music. They do a searing version of "Fascination Street."

Nick and Amy said...

I "secretly" love The Cure too:)I have a few cds that I still listen to when hh isn't around:)

Mrs. G.F. said...

Really?? I will go and listen to it. I LOVE the Cure, always have, always will...Just like heaven ROCKS.

I also love Plain song and Pictures of you..

ok, too many great songs to narrow down!!

:)

b said...

Let me know what you think of this other version. I can't get enough of it!

Mrs. G.F. said...

Ok, I just bought and am listening to it right now...

I am liking it...she definately makes it her own.

Yes, it still has that great haunting quality...

good one, it's already on my playlist. :)

Thanks for the good song.(and guess hwat followed it?? "breathe me", I love good music.)

Anonymous said...

Check out Blink-182's self-titled album. They have a song called All Of This and the person singing is Robert Smith. It's an awesome song where Blink-182 did the instruments in America and got Robert Smith to do the vocals in the UK, then it was all put together.

Oh and don't be put off by Blink-182. Their self-titled album is very good and way more mature than the other albums.

Anonymous said...

Why is it that I have never heard of The Cure? Perhaps the fact that I'm about 15 yrs older than you. Gosh, I feel old. (but I can tell you what 16 yrs olds listen to today!)

b said...

Jeanne,
I'm sure if you heard some songs by the cure,you would recognize them.

MacGuffin said...

I can get with the Cure, but I have to say, I most enjoy the Dinosaur Jr. cover of "Just Like Heaven." But that's me. Sometimes pretty things need an infusion of distortion to make them all the better!