Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Here's a cool quote by an even cooler author

www.gratefulness.org
WORD FOR THE DAY
Wednesday, Jun. 7

The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what to hope for. And the most you can do is live inside that hope.

Barbara Kingsolver

What do I hope for?

  1. I hope to find love again. I hope to find someone who loves me as I am, and loves me for who I am becoming.
  2. I hope to see my boys grow old, and see their children, and their children.
  3. I hope to find peace with Joe's death. I want to be able to think about memories of Joe without crying.
  4. I hope to be a better mom than I presently am. The kind that makes well balanced meals, and sits down at the table with her children while they eat.
  5. I hope to get a crapload of money, so that I don't have to work my tail off, and can still send my kids to preschool.
  6. I hope to forgive myself for mistakes I have made.
  7. I hope that I can keep hope alive.
And you? What do you hope for?

-b

6 comments:

Mrs. G.F. said...

B- You are a great mother. How do I know? You want to be a better one. Great Moms are the ones who think they need to do a better job. You are a GREAT MOM. ((B))

What do I hope for? Health, for everyone in my life, for as long as possible.

Quality of life for the same duration.

And to quote my yearbook, " To live, to love, to laugh, to travel, and to just be me."

Mrs. G.F. said...

(My highschool one, in 1988..babee. :)

M said...

Right now I just hope for June 16. :o)

Oh yeah, and for Haley to stop crying.

D said...

what a lovely list of hopes :)
i hope that they all come true for you!

Maisy said...

Loved your list.

I've just started a 6 week course on "How to get what you want out of life".

Our first homework tasks is to write a list of what we hope for!

It'll be appearing on my blog in due course...

Mrs. G.F. said...

B-
seems so weird not to hear from you in 2 days...everything ok?