Sunday, June 11, 2006

Hmmm....

What have I gotten myself into now?

long ago
before kids
rainy days were spent in bed
reading, sleeping, watching tv

I miss those days
yet when I really think about them
I remember feeling bored
like there had to be something else
waiting for me around the corner

there are many things you can say
about my life
but boring is not one of them

you can call me names
if you choose to judge
or you can sit back
and enjoy the ride that I am on

you can soar above the ocean
on my good days
and sink to the bottom of the sea
where no one has been before
on my bad

you can laugh with me
or
cry with me
you can be there for me

or you can judge me
berate me
send me cryptic messages

I will still blog
I will still ride this ride
I refuse to live a boring life
ever again

-b

3 comments:

M said...

You are an amazing poet.

AND

We are here for you. :o)

Anonymous said...

ok, so I finally come out of the closet...I have been reading faithfully for months now a couple of times a day.
I find so much personal strength from your blogs so for that I want to thank you. You have such amazing courage.
You have the ability to make me laugh and cry at the same entry. You are an amazing person and the love that you and Joe had/have was one that I will never forget witnessing. It was what dreams are made of.
Thank you for making me believe in "soulmates" and thinking that maybe there is the ability to love again after the loss of a "soulmate".
I hope that kristin tells you often how much I think about you.

b said...

Amelia,

Thanks for delurking! Kristen has told me that you read regularly, and it has meant a lot to me.

I very much appreciate your words. I'm glad you have such happy memories of Joe and me.

Please comment more often now :O)

(Hope you're doing well. I know you've had some rough times in the past couple of years as well.)