Sunday, May 14, 2006

Random Facts About Me
(who else would they be about?)

  1. I have always been afraid of the rain. I'm not sure where the fear stems from, but I think it may be from watching a movie when I was very young about oceans being formed. My fear has gotten much better over the past two years, but there are times like today, when they rain is coming down so hard that my sump pump never stops actively going off, that the anxiety is impossible to ignore. It doesn't help that I have a tenant living in the apartment in my basement, and I am worried that water will flood it.
  2. According to my family, I am a very picky eater, but according to my friends, I am among the most adventuresome.
  3. I will avoid going to the bathroom in public restrooms until it is such an emergency, I can's see a way around it.
  4. This is my first Mother's Day not focused on Joe's death. (2 years ago was his funeral, last year was his memorial service.)
  5. I am jealous of mom's with husbands who have possibly let their wives sleep in, and maybe even will give them some time to be alone today.
  6. I hate the way I look in pictures right now, but can't seem to do anything about it.
  7. I love setting up the train tracks with my boys, and watching the trains travel over said tracks. I may enjoy it more than they do.
  8. I sucked my thumb until I was 9, and miss the comfort that it gave me. (but no worries, I will not be sucking my thumb again.)
  9. I miss sex like you wouldn't believe. But not enough to just have it for the sake of having it. I would like it to mean something. But man, do I miss it.
  10. I love being a mom.
  11. I hate doing laundry more than any other chore. It is never done completely. As soon as one load is done, there is another load needing to be washed. It makes me crazy.
  12. I love driving a mini van, even though I swore for years that I would never ever own one.
  13. I could eat cereal 3 times a day, and feel satisfied.
  14. I am convinced that Mint Chocolate chip ice cream is a cruel invention created by the makers of diet plans.
  15. I have the best friends in the world. But I feel like they are much better friends to me than I am to them.
  16. I wish depression wasn't ever a part of my mood.
  17. Laughing is one of my favorite activities.
  18. I miss reading. I really miss reading.
  19. Before Jacob was born, I swore he wouldn't watch tv. Now he has the whole noggin line up memorized.
  20. I am torn between staying here, and moving to NY.
  21. I miss cooking and baking.
  22. I am a good liar about non-important things, but suck at keeping secrets.
  23. Sometimes I hate everyone that's married, just because they're still married.
  24. I love being a teacher, but I really want to work in a bookstore instead.
  25. I am irreversibly messed up.
  26. Starting this blog has been better than therapy for me.
  27. I worry that I will never meet the right guy for me, and will grow old all alone.
  28. I worry that I will get cancer and die before my kids are grown.
  29. I hate that I worry so much.
  30. I look forward to Mondays.
  31. (amazingly, I could keep going. But am slightly doubtful that anyone would even read to # 30, so I think I'll stop here. Oh wait. # 31. I'm narcissistic.)
-b

22 comments:

Leslie said...

I loved being a teacher too but I would LOVE to work in a bookstore too. I guess I envision myself just hanging around reading all day if I did, which would not likely be the case. :)
This rain is unnerving. It feels like my house is going to float away.
Happy Mother's Day!
Oh yeah, I agree on the minivan thing. Who knew I'd be such a dork as to actually LIKE my minivan??

Mrs. G.F. said...

LOL Good post...so much to comment on..;)

I tried to comment on your other post, but my computer was off, I think something happened to my connection with all this rain...

Anyway, Happy Mother's Day.

No sleeping in for me either, Navy Boy worked all night, he's the one in bed. And it's just me and the munchkins today too.

I can't believe how much I love my mini-van too.

Afraid of the rain? Wow. That is odd. These past 3 days must have been horrible for you. (It's been NON-STOP rain here in New England, we are supposed to get about 10 inches of rain from this storm.)

As a Mom, I can see working in a bookstore, sounds nice, plus they usually have good coffee. *grin*

Ok, got to run...getting ready for church...

:)

Dial-Up Princess said...

I completely enjoyed this post...and exactly to #'s 5,9,10,17, and 27...:)

Btw, Happy Mother's day.

emotional girl said...

i would loveto hear more...keep going :)

happy mother's day, b.

Anonymous said...

In addition to all your wonderful trivia, guess what I found out today? Jeremy Piven is single? I think I am going to fix you up with him!! He could totally make you laugh a LOT!

b said...

Queen Kristi,

That would be great! Give him a call :O)

Anonymous said...

Loved your post!!!! And no sleeping in here either (oh, except for my husband.....)

ramblingmuse said...

Hi B,

Happy Mother's Day!

I loved reading more about you! I just started getting into it when you ended at #31! Poo!

Oh...and I seriously can't believe you look forward to Mondays. Now I know you're a lot crazier than I thought! ;-P

Cheers! Enjoy your day!

b said...

total coincidence. Had not thought about my age at all. Strange!

M said...

Where to start?

Well, you've gotten much better about the rain. Amazingly so. You can't feel badly about feeling anxious today. This is ridiculous.

If your family thinks you're a picky eater, what do they think about me?????????

I could also eat cereal 3 times/day as long as it was something junky like Cap'n Crunch or Apple Jacks.

I'm glad laughing is your favorite activity. You make me laugh all the time. :o)

I can't officially comment on #20. All I can say is I really want what's best for you.

P.S. I enjoyed this post too. Feel free to do 30 more. :o)

Highlandgal said...

Very illuminating. I love getting more pieces to the B. puzzle ;)

Maisy said...

B,

I'd like another 30 too please.

I enjoyed that list so much. It made me feel kinda normal!

Oh, and my brother (who is a teacher) & I almost bought a bookshop 18 months ago! We were just saying the other day that we wish we had....

A

Anonymous said...

This post scared me. Everything was fine until #30. You sick sick sick woman you. :-)

I love rain and I wish it would wash my house away and wash me into the ocean where I will spend the rest of my days catching fish and visiting tropical islands filled with naked native woman who are... oops I said nothing NOTHING. :-P

Angela James said...

I thought all 31 were very interesting--showed a lot of insight into you. I would have read 30 more as well :)

J.Rowe said...

Nice list...I was wondering about you and the rain. I'm hoping G doesn't wash away with all of it. I can completely relate to #20...I've been feeling that way more and more.

I'd like to know if you're a picky eater what does that make Mel? You're completely right about the mint chocolate chip ice cream scam, in fact ice cream in general.

b said...

Well, the basement did flood. We got an unbelievable amount of rain, and it's still coming!

Mel is more than a picky eater. I'm not sure if there's a term for it.

Jrowe, Patrick and I are having an Amazing Race finale party Wed. night. You in? By the way, I've dreamed that you were pregnant 2 nights in a row. Is that a sign?

J.Rowe said...

I thought it might, sorry that stinks.
Interesting dreams, and yes, I'm in for the Amazing Race party...it sounds like fun. What time?

b said...

7:30 for takeout and betting.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, can I come to the AR party???

#30 must be a young-widow-with-small-children thing. I look forward to Mondays too, so I completely get that one!!!

I'm so sorry to hear about the basement flooding...everything okay with your tenant?

p.s. Happy Belated Mother's Day!

b said...

K,
I've been meaning to email you a response to your questions, and will soon. I promise!

The tenant is amazing. He has really helped me stay calm through the whole flooding. Well, him and some wine! (I needed the wine. I was way too anxious)

The water is all out, and the drying is under way. We were actually really lucky. There were 118 school cancellations this morning due to so much flooding.

Happy Mom's day to you as well.

Alicia said...

Hey, B... I never knew we had so much in common!

1. Nope... I love LOVE the rain.
2. Yup
3. Not exactly, but I leave the stall door open unless there's someone else in the room.
4. :-(
5. Yup
6. Yup
7. Yup :-)
8. ummm... no
9. Yup
10. Yup
11. Yup
12. No minivan for me. Ever. LOL
13. Yup
14. I'm sure you mean mocha almond fudge
15. Yup
16. Yup
17. Yup, especially with my widder friends
18. Yup
19. Yup
20. uhhh... No.
21. Yup
22. Unfortunately, I'm a very good liar.
23. Yup
24. I thought about being a teacher, but would love to work in a bookstore. Except I'm a damned good editor!
25. Yup
26. Yup
27. hmmmm.... :-D
28. Yup
29. Yup
30. Yup
31. Yup

What fun... I may need to do something like this on my blog!

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»