Tuesday, May 16, 2006

This is what taking a shower sounds like in my house

Jacob: Mom, can I flush the toilet?
Me: When I'm done taking a shower.
J: Are you done taking a shower?
M: Not yet.
J: Now are you done?
M: No.
J: Now?
B: Jacob, you'll know that I'm done when you hear the water turn off.
J: Oh.
J: Did the water turn off?
B: You need to leave the room so I can shower in peace. Please. NOW!
J: Ok, I'm just gonna flush the toilet first.
flush
M: Jacob!!!!!!
J: You're done now?

How annoying was this to read? Not nearly as annoying as it was to experience. And I have a feeling that every mom reading has a very similar if not the same story. Please children, let the bathroom be our place to escape you. That's not asking too much, is it? Is it?

-b

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

b, do you only have the one bathroom? If so I strongly suggest the hook and eye lock on the door. Up high, out of the little men's reach, but high enough you could lock yourself in for 11 minutes.

Anonymous said...

I put one of those on but I feel bad using it...

I mostly yelled so much when they were your kids ages about needing a few minutes that they know better than to ask me stuff. Allison can come in and use the bathroom if she needs to but she comes in pretty quietly and doesn't ask much...
Not that I recommend the yelling part...

M said...

I'm sorry. But I couldn't stop laughing when I read this post. Sorry. :o)

Erin said...

I don't think it is asking too much! But it was pretty funny! LOL. Maybe next time he will let you shower in peace!

tc said...

Hi, another lurker here.
Thanks for letting me read your blog. I started blogging when we were planning to adopt from China and now can't stop :-).

T
www.thethreadisred.blogspot.com

b said...

TC,
I will check out your blog soon! Thanks for delurking!

Leslie said...

I can't recall the last time I showered, pooped or peed by myself.

ramblingmuse said...

B,

Sorry, but was it wrong that I laughed when I read this post? Reading this made me miss my nieces and nephew a little bit.

Dial-Up Princess said...

Soo true Leslie..neither do I.

I have a co-worker who has grown children that still follow her into the bathroom..I shudder to think they might never grow out of it. lol

4texans said...

lol! That's so funny!