Monday, May 15, 2006

More Random facts
(you said you wanted them!)

  1. I hate cleaning, but I love walking into a clean house.
  2. I don't brush my sons' teeth nearly as much as I should.
  3. I love watching a student who has been struggling, finally "get it" because of me.
  4. I hate listening to commercials on the radio. I will flip through stations non-stop until I find music.
  5. I cry way too easily.
  6. I am contemplating buying Jacob pink sheets because he really wants them.
  7. I love listening to my boys talk to each other in their cribs. They have a language that only they understand.
  8. I think of Joe at least once an hour, maybe more.
  9. Half of my closet still has Joe's clothes in it, and the floor of the closet is filled with his shoes. The closet in the boys' room has all of his suits still hanging. I need the space for our clothes, our shoes. But I can't pack them away. There is still the glimmer of hope in me that one day he will need his clothes, his shoes, his suits.
  10. I love sleeping in a freshly made bed.
  11. I love chocolate.
  12. I laugh over really stupid jokes.
  13. I loved breastfeeding my children. I wasn't even uncomfortable doing it in front of people. It felt so natural to me. It was one of the few things that came easily to me.
  14. I am amazed at what a great uncle my brother has turned out to be.
  15. I don't know what the first word either son said, or when they said it.
  16. If I knew that I could have plastic surgery with no chance of complications, and no fee, I would do it in a heartbeat.
  17. I don't feel like I am living the life I am meant to live.
  18. I love to travel, but get homesick easily.
  19. If I close my eyes, I can physically feel Joe cuddling me.
  20. I love reality television, and have no patience for sitcoms.
  21. I think Bill Murray is a genius, and could watch his movies all day long.
  22. I wish my mother was more of a mother.
  23. I really want to start running.
  24. I wish that I had an endless supply of money.
  25. I hope to one day have a daughter.
  26. I miss my old life, yet am not sure I could ever go back to it because I've changed so much.
  27. There are some things about marriage that I don't miss.
  28. If I don't pick out my clothes for work at night, it's a disaster in the morning.
  29. Same with making my lunch.
  30. It kills me to think that my sons will never know their dad. Not know him through me, but know him. Know his touch, and his voice, and his humor, and his anger, and his craziness. Know him.
  31. I am very curious as to who reads this blog. I wish my lurkers would say hello. (I love lurkers, just wish I knew who you were out of curiosity, not anger.)
  32. I need sleep.
-b

20 comments:

M said...

Thanks for sharing more. I have to put in my two cents of course.

1. You are obsessive about commercials on the radio. Makes me a little crazy. :o) (She changes the station even when she has company - that she's supposedly talking to - in the car. :o)

2. I'm with you on the crying. I would definitely like more control over that.

3. Pink sheets? If he wants them that bad - it won't hurt him.

4. I feel exactly the opposite about plastic surgery - no interest. (Although there are several things I'd love to change...)

Maisy said...

I'm far too vocal to be a mere lurker!

Go ahead and buy your son the pink sheets!

My son saved his own money and bought his very own Rapunzel Barbie just like his sister's when he was 4. He loved that doll for 6 months or so, though I'm sure he's quite forgotten about it now. My son is now a regular 11 year old rough and tumble boy - though he does have a lovely sensitive side and still kisses me even when his friends are watching!

A

Anonymous said...

I am right there with you on #1,2,7,10,12,13,15,16,22, especially 22, 23 except my knees suck, obviously 24,

On 25, you know that you will get that daughter that your Mother wished upon you. As in I hope when you grow up you have a child JUST like you!! I do, to the 10th power!!

also even though I like to pretend I am a queen, you can just call me kristi, like IRL.

Anonymous said...

You're not alone on the radio advertisement thing. Is it just me or do radio adverts tend to be more irritating than TV ones? The real kicker is has anyone ever been to a shop specifically because they heard their radio commercial? I rest my case.

Pink sheets? Go for it. Studies were done and apparently that whole pink for girls blue for boys thing is utter bollocks. It's the other way around according to their research. Apparently pink is very soothing for boys and blue is very soothing for girls.

Plastic surgery? Hmm I wonder what I'd look like with bigger boobs. Actually bad idea. I'd do nothing but play with them all day. :-P

I like crying because I don't do it often but I'll cry at a good movie. I cried when John Koffee got fried in The Green Mile. I cried during the movie Love Actually which I really like. But I never cry when other people are there because that's just gay. ;-)

I couldn't begin to imagine how #30 feels but ironically #25 is the very reason why when I was a kid I said I'd NEVER get married. I have three sisters and my reasoning was that if I got married and we have kids then one of them might be a girl and I'd be surrounded by girls for the rest of my life. I wasn't particularly bright back then because I failed to realise that I would be married to a girl. :-D

I'm the opposite for point 20. I prefer to laugh than watch pretentious butt monkeys trapped on an island. I admit I laughed a lot with Survivor Australia. What meat heads build their campsite in a river bed? American Idiots I feel (there's an album in there somewhere :-) ). I laughed when the rain came down and flooded their camp and washed it all away. Someone didn't listen to Jesus. :-P

Anonymous said...

Alright! Alright! I'm coming out of the lurking closet. I have been enjoying your blog in secret for awhile now and have been to shy to announce myself. So hello and thanks for an interesting, entertaining and poignant blog.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen!!! B- Jen is Luke's mom. Finally she's said hello!

Anonymous said...

Hi-
I'm a faithful lurker too. (-:

I love how you write and I was hooked when I saw that you were a fellow lover of Bruce Springsteen. I have bought tickets for The Tweeter Center and SPAC and am so excited.

I live in Vermont with my family but my husband's family is from Waltham, MA.

Back to faithful lurking,
Julie

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I'm a lurker too. I really enjoy your honest, funny, insightful writing. My friend died at age 30 just over a year ago and since then, i've been interested in blogs that discuss the personal grieving process.
Thanks for sharing!
L

D said...

hello! am one of the lurkers! love the way you share things so easily.
take care...

Dial-Up Princess said...

Im a lurker as well. I like the way you express yourself in the blog.

((( MK ))) said...

I was once a local radio advertising salesperson, up in Syracuse NY at 95X. That feels like a lifetime ago! Once upon a time I was going to be a DJ on an alternative rock station. Now I don't even listen to commercial radio anymore.

Hi B! Lurking around as usual....

b said...

Leslie,

I said I pick out my clothes. I mentioned nothing about ironing. I do not iron. ever. :O)

Hi Lurkers! I'm so excited that some of you are delurking. I really do appreciate you reading. Please feel free to comment at any time! Or you can continue silently lurking. Either way, thanks for letting me know you're reading.

Ali and LW, thanks for your thoughts on pink sheets.

Kristi, time will tell, I guess!

Mel, I do the radio thing just to annoy you. Honestly :O)

Anonymous said...

uh, B, if you want to try running, I might be able to get your started... best health boost I ever get is from running.

M said...

I will attest to the no ironing. I'm pretty sure she doesn't even own an iron.

Another way we're opposites. :o)

Anonymous said...

Funny story about ironing... I had to iron something at B's house once. I asked her for the iron and she got it for me. Then I asked her for the ironing board and she gave me a blank look. The girl doesn't own an ironing board.

Anonymous said...

Why are children more concerned with the color of sheets than with the country in which they are made? Would Jacob be happy with pink sheets if they were stitched by Malaysian factory workers earning 46 cents an hour? I think you should really begin having more in-depth conversations about sheets with your son. It's clear that he isn't exploring every factor while he articulates his consumer preferences.

I think you might want to add "I am not fully informing my toddler about the spirit of fare global trade" to the above list of random facts. You should also add "I love chipwiches.”

kyle said...

i also am a lurker. I saw your link on ywbb and started reading... i now also have to admit to reading this yesterday..and posting to my own blog a list like this. sorry for stealing your idea!!
kyle

Anonymous said...

Do they still sell ironing boards?...

4texans said...

Thanks for sharing your list...hmmm, I might have to do a list some day on my blog. It's nice to get to know more about YOU.

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»