Thursday, May 18, 2006

Have I Told You Lately?

That I look at your eyes, your toes, your strong legs with utter amazement
I can't believe I had a part in creating you
Your smiles, your laughs, your jokes, your hugs, your touches
are what keeps me going
what makes me get out of bed in the morning
are what makes me continue to smile, laugh, joke, hug, touch

When I look at you I see your father, I hear his jokes coming through yours
I see his pouts when you pout
I feel his tenderness when you caress my skin
And that smile
Your smile is his smile
Your eyes are his eyes

but yet
You are both your own souls
separate from dad's or mine
you have your own opinions, viewpoints, likes, dislikes
you make your own decisions, good choices and mistakes

You are unique, smart, funny, amazing boys
you make life worth living
You make life worth loving
you make me a better person

Have I told you lately?


7 comments:

ramblingmuse said...

Very nice post. :-)

M said...

That's amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Dial-Up Princess said...

Lovely post

Maisy said...

Yeahhhhhhh. They are a wonderful gift.

It's hard to remember that when they flush when you're in the shower, but they are!

Ali

Anonymous said...

Excellent!!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful, and so true. You got me out of my lurk!

Mrs. G.F. said...

Beautiful.

The sentiment, and how the words are put together.

Good job, B.

:)