Sunday, July 02, 2006

Home Sweet Home?

Jacob and I are back from our quick trip to Baltimore. We had a great time, and Pentha did a fabulous job planning. But we were both very ready to come home this morning. Unfortunately, Jacob got way too little sleep while we were away, and apparently Josh did as well, so once I was home with the two of them, I wanted nothing more than to be away from them.

They literally never stopped whining, the entire day. Nothing gets to me more than whining. I cannot tolerate it, especially from my own children. Arghhh.

They are now sleeping soundly, and I feel like I need to go do the same.

But here are just a few pictures from our trip:


This was our plane. I almost crapped my pants when I saw how tiny it was. It held 36 passengers! Talk about giving Jacob a true first flight! Obviously, it landed safely both ways, so I really can't complain about it. But man oh man, did I have second thoughts when I saw it.






This is Jacob at the aquarium. He loved it there. Isn't he cute?







below is Jacob walking in the aquarium with his new friend, Marc. One of the coolest (and saddest) things about this trip was that there were 24 (?) children all of whom lost a mom or dad. They all understood why there was only one parent with each kid. And I made some new friends myself as well. Of course they all lived in NYC.....

Thanks, Pentha! You did a great job, and I'm glad we went.

Maybe I'll write more details tomorrow when I have more energy. Because there were some pretty good stories....

-b

7 comments:

Mrs. G.F. said...

Just had to check in before I turned my computer off and got ready for bed.

Glad the trip went well. I will look forward to hearing some of the stories...

And I can't stand the whining thing either, it drives me insane.

M said...

I think whining is the worst thing EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad there was lots of fun. :o) Hopefully there will be lots of sleep tonight and far into the morning. :o)

Alicia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alicia said...

I'm so glad you went B... We'll have to meet at another 'bago WITHOUT kids, so we can actually talk to each other.

Now to go download pictures from my camera.



(Ugh. I deleted my previous comment because I used UBB code instead of HTML. Sorry.)

Dial-Up Princess said...

He looks adorable. Glad the kids had a good time.

As far whining,..I used to ask my kiddie when she used to whine, and for some reason girls whine more than boys IMO, if she wanted some cheese with that.

ramblingmuse said...

It sounds like you had a good time. I agree...the plane does look tiny!

Hope you get some rest!

Erin said...

Yay! I'm glad the trip went well. Get some rest sweetie!