Thursday, July 13, 2006

To Joshua
On Your 2nd Birthday
(July 14th)

You entered the world
at the darkest of times
when nothing could make me smile

You were so beautiful
so calm, so loving
from the day you were born

Your birth brought me back to life
you showed me that
life continues
even when it feels like it should end

You have a gentleness about you
a sweetness that can't be faked

You are the happiest little boy
I have ever met

When you were conceived
I did not think you were planned

but you have taught me differently
You are my little angel on earth

Happy Happy birthday, Joshua
Love,
Mommy (aka b)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you Mom!
Enjoy.

M said...

Happy birthday Joshie!!!!!!

Beautiful poem B, for a beautiful, wonderful, lovable boy. :o)

emotional girl said...

beautiful, just beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's precious...

Happy 2nd birthday Josh!!

Leslie said...

Aww, happy birthday little man.

b, it's starting to get a little creepy, not only do we share a mother ;) but we also share an anniversary and a child's birthday.
Cue the Twilight Zone music....

b said...

Leslie and I are one.

In truth, we have a crazy amount of things that are the same, including a mother that is less than helpful most of the time.

Read her blog to learn more :O)

Mrs. G.F. said...

beautiful poem b.
beautiful boy too.