Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Back From The Beach

We certainly picked the best days of the summer to head down to the ocean. It's a good 15-20 degrees cooler there than here. My mother and step-father are spending the week at the home of their friends. We had a nice time with them. But I wouldn't have stayed if it hadn't been for my brother, my sister-in-law, and Mel. I took lots of pictures to share. Click on them to see them larger.

The home is on a private beach. It pretty much felt like paradise. The water was even warm, which is rare around here.


Josh thought he'd take us out on the kayak


We took some amazing walks (you should have seen these homes!)

Part of the back of the home we stayed in

6 comments:

M said...

Definitely amazing. The girls and I had a fabulous time. I was definitely in awe of the house and the homes around it.

Leslie said...

Nice little shack! ;)

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, Cape Cod. One of my favorite places in all the world. What a great escape for you and the boys, with a bonus of cooperative weather.

allison said...

Glad you got some time away. I'm sure the boys loved every minute!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh the beach. Where I grew up only one of the major towns was more than 15 minutes from the beach. We were about 5 minute drive from one beach or 15 minutes from a better beach. We were also about 20 minutes from the mountain as well.

That top photo, was Joe with you? There's a weird glowing circle at center-left. I think Joe was there making sure you had a good time. :-)

Highlandgal said...

Niiiiice.