Saturday, April 01, 2006

Things I love
(In no particular order)

the smell of freshly mowed grass, the sound of leaves crushing beneath my feet, watching a kid finally "get it" after working with him on a concept for days/weeks/months, my kids, eggplant parm, swimming in an empty pool, eating breakfast for dinner, driving with the moon roof open, walking in to a clean house, memories, friends, my job, my widow group, the possibility of new love, my family, sleeping late, sex, laughing, going out to eat, taking long walks, going to open houses, going away without children, cooking, reading the newspaper, not being rushed, feeling empowered, dreaming at night, daydreaming, writing, making other people laugh, watching my crappy TV shows, watching my kids play together, reading to my class, getting lost in a great book, discovering a new restaurant, coffee, comfortable pajamas, talking on the phone, getting to know someone new, living life to the fullest, my house, my car, having hope.

-b

10 comments:

M said...

Love your list. I'm not surprised at the number we have that are the same, but I was surprised at a couple we have in common that I didn't know about. :o)

Mrs. G.F. said...

Great list. :)

Many, many, many good things in there. :)

I guess it's kind of a count your blessings thing.

nice...

StringMan said...

Wow, ditto on all ... except for the 'read to my class' (since it's been years since I've been a teacher). I'll replace that with "play to an appreciative audience".

Happy Daylight Savings, b! Beautiful day today in Beantown.

Anonymous said...

Betsy-
Not sure if I'm doing this right....but here goes....I love this
post...so uplifting, hopeful....the simple joys....thanks for the reminder.
And, I can relate.
Jeanne

b said...

Jeanne,
actually you hit the envelope button, which sent your comment to my email. But I cut and pasted it here. In the future just hit the comment button, and add your comment. Happy to see you leaving a comment!

Erin said...

I love almost all of those things too! Great list!

Anonymous said...

Swimming in an empty pool?

And people think I'm crazy. :-)

b said...

LW, I actually thought about that one after I posted this. I realized it sounded like I meant swimming in a pool with no water. But then I figured people would figure out what I really meant :O)

Anonymous said...

I guessed that after this post but still a pool devoid of water seems like fun. Nothing like letting the imagination run wild.

My friend Hamish and I once put his pup tent in our swimming pool and we pretended we were cave divers. We even zipped up the tent.

Did I mention that I was never a think-things-through kind of person? ;-)

allison said...

Mmm, I love eggplant parm too. I haven't had it in a long time. Do you cook it yourself?