Thursday, April 13, 2006

I Made A Plan

for the two year anniversary. Last year I didn't have to make a plan, because it was a given that we would have Joe's unveiling (which is a Jewish memorial service) on the one year anniversary.

This year I haven't had a plan, and I think it's been bothering me. I'm scared, I guess that people will forget what an significant date May 6th is. And while I don't expect everyone to stop what they are doing that day and come honor Joe's memory, I feel like I need to/want to do that.

So today I called my sister and asked her to come out that weekend. And she said yes. So on that day, we will honor Joe's memory. First, we will go to the cemetery, and the boys can attach notes to Joe to helium balloons, and we can let the balloons go, and have a picnic at his grave.

Then, that night, the adults will go to Joe's favorite steakhouse in Boston. I will order his meal, and drink one of his drinks, and we will talk about Joe. Not about his death, but about his life. And I will raise my glass in the air and toast my great, late, husband.

And I have no doubt that he will be raising his glass in return.

I miss you, baby.

-b

5 comments:

Mrs. G.F. said...

That sounds wonderful. Beautiful.

Good plan.

ramblingmuse said...

Nice, b! :-)

M said...

Good for you. I hope this plan gives you a tiny bit of comfort over the next couple of weeks. :o)

Erin said...

That sounds like a beautiful plan. I know he will appreciate it!

StringMan said...

Sounds like it will be a wonderful day. Great plan.