Sunday, April 09, 2006

Sorry For The Lack Of Posting

It's been a busy few days here. K, from Texas arrived Thursday afternoon. She attended the launch party that Mel and I held for the teachers we work with. The party was great; very fun and we both made a decent amount of sales.

We spent Saturday in Boston. We shopped all day, and then met her 2 friends for drinks, dinner, and dessert. We had a great time. Tons of laughing, lots of talking, and plenty of drinking. We got home at 12:30, and I fell asleep around 1 AM. Kelly left this morning at 5:30, and I awoke at 6:30 courtesy of the boys.

Today sucked. It was a really bad day. I was tired, slightly hungover, and very cranky. It's definitely the time of year that gets to me. These were the last weeks I had with Joe before he died, and every day I now recreate what we were doing on that day. Passover is this week, and that was the last holiday that we all gathered together for. My sister and I were both pregnant at the time, and we posed for pictures with our respective husbands holding our stomachs. Then Joe suggested we swap, and my sister held my stomach, while my brother-in-law held Joe's pillow stuffed stomach. We were all laughing hysterically. I got those pictures the day after Joe died. That's how close together the two events were. Last year I avoided the holiday altogether, but this year we will be celebrating. We'll see how it goes.

Beyond my state of mind, we had a crappy morning. (literally) We had to go grocery shopping, so I thought I'd take the boys for bagels in the same shopping complex that there's a grocery store. It's about 15 minutes away, but since both stops were in the same lot, it made sense to me.

We ordered our bagels, I got my coffee and was happily drinking it. The boys were drinking their juices, and it was time to pay. My wallet was missing. We had to leave our food and drinks, drive 15 minutes home, get my wallet, and drive back.

Then we went grocery shopping. Halfway through the store Jacob announces that he's going to the bathroom. This is not odd for him to announce, because it requires him to stop whatever he's doing and push it out. (gross, I know. But just wait, it gets grosser.) I'm not sure how it happened, but there was an explosion. A diaper filled with disgusting crap explosion. All over his clothes.

So we had to leave the grocery store without making our purchases, go home, bathe (for the 2nd time today) and get redressed. And then we went grocery shopping yet again.

Plus, no one napped today.

So yes, today sucked.

Tomorrow however, will be better. It has to be better.

Hope you all had great weekends.

-b

4 comments:

emotional girl said...

hugs to you....i know how hard reminders can be. i always feel that the anticipation of knowing what's about to come is always worse than the actual date.
it's hard this time of year also because spring is so beautiful and feels like the beginning of growth and newness... but for some of us it also means the beginning of the end of the life that we once had. that's how i feel sometimes anyways.

Mrs. G.F. said...

Oh...how disgusting!! That must have TOTALLY sucked dragging your poop-covered boy out of there, putting him in your car and going home!!!!! You poor baby!!!!!!

((((b)))))

I am sorry this is hitting such a hard time of year for you. I don't know what to say to give you any sort of comfort, just that I will always read, and post, even if it's just a sigh. :)

M said...

Awful, awful day. I hope they went to bed fairly quickly and painlessly.

Today has to be better.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I was so hoping you'd have an easy day after our wild night out! (I was hung over too, if it's any consolation!) After being back with Jack for just a few hours, I was exhausted from his endless stream of questions, and I thought about you and that you'd been hanging with your boys for many hours already.

Big hugs to you, and I hope today is a better day (at least you know there won't be a poop explosion in the grocery store, right?).