Thursday, May 10, 2007

My Little Magician

On the way to preschool this morning, Jacob and I had the following conversation:

J: Mommy, when I grow up, I'm going to be a magician and a doctor.

b: That sounds great!

J: That way, I can say the magic words and bring daddy back, and then I can fix him and make him all better!

b: (at a loss for words) Oh sweetie, that would be so great if you could do that, but it's not possible.

J: Yes it is. You'll see.

b: If there were magic words to bring daddy back, we would have said them already.

J: Hmmm. (long pause) Maybe I'll be a singer instead then.

b: Sounds good.

-b

6 comments:

J.Rowe said...

He's very sweet to think of such good ideas: )

Anonymous said...

If only...

My heart breaks just a little bit whenever I have similar situations with Jack.

But, like you, I believe in being 100% honest with him. Big hugs to you for being that way with Jacob even though it's hard.

(p.s. We are going to Phoenix in the morning to see Jack's 34yo half brother...have not seen him since Jack was a baby! We are so excited!!)

Chels said...

I am so sorry this isn't on the topic. I am ticked off becuase my DVR cut off the last 20 min of The Office, I was wondering if you watched tonight and could fill me in?

b said...

LOL! I didn't watch! Sorry :O)

emotional girl said...

oh, if only there were magic words...

Displayname said...

dear Betsy,

i've been reading your blog and i find it very touching and inspiring. Please do not give up in whatever that you do. I wish things will get better and better for you each day (i know it will..). You still have two cute little sons..I read your writings about T too. He's a great guy!

-Denis T-
greetings from Malaysia