Thursday, May 17, 2007

Analyze This

Horrible Nightmare

Joe wasn't dead, but had gone missing 3 years ago
Every thought, every movement I made
I was wondering where Joe had gone

Finally he called

"I can't tell you where I am, or who I'm with, but I'm happy."

"Happy without me? You left me here with all your crap to clean up, and no note, and you're calling me now to say you're happy!"

"I'm sorry B. I'm really sorry."

At this point I forced myself to wake up, and felt relieved that he was dead, not missing, but dead. Or is that the same thing?

-b

6 comments:

Mrs. G.F. said...

Wow! What a dream!

I think there's a message in there, don't you?

b said...

Yes, but what is it?

J.Rowe said...

There's nothing worse than a bad dream. I think you are moving forward in many ways. I don't think a missing husband is the same. You have a definitive answer to what happened to your husband (as awful as that maybe). A husband taking off is a different story.

b said...

But maybe part of me feels like he took off?

JRowe, you were in the dream too. I'm trying to remember how, but you were there.

J.Rowe said...

He took off, as in he isn't there, sure there are some of the same issues you have...but I think you would be upset in a different way and to get that kind of phone call.

I think your dream is more about you than about Joe. I think it's a reflection of your current state and all that you are about to embark on in your relationship with T.

Anonymous said...

no, it's not the same thing, but yeah, he IS missing - missing from the day to day, missing the boys, missing you. but maybe the message wasn't meant to make you upset, but to be reassuring - joe telling you that he IS happy - wherever he is, whomever he's with (as happy as he can be just watching over you and the boys from afar) - and I, at least, really hope he is.

ej