Monday, August 07, 2006

Monsters At The Park

We went to the playground yesterday morning as part of our weekend routine. The boys played a game that they called, "Monsters."

Here's how you play:

1. Run around screaming that the monsters are trying to get you
2. Pretend that monsters are biting you
3. Run and scream some more
4. Repeat

After about 30 minutes of this game I thought I'd join in. I stood up and yelled, "Hey monsters, stay away from my kids! If you hurt them, I'll get you!!!"

Jacob came running over to me, put his hand on my shoulder, and very sweetly said, "Mom, we're just pretending. There aren't really any monsters."

Oh. Thanks for clearing that up :O)

Sometimes I just love the words that escape his little mouth.

-b

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This raises a very good question: when do children develop the ability to deliver or interpret sarcasm. Do any of the children-raising books detail the day, month, or year when this ability is obtained?

b said...

Owen,
I believe that happens next Thursday at 6AM.
I'll keep you posted...

Erin said...

LOL. Duh, Mom. Didn't you know it was just pretend. What he said is too cute and funny!

Nat said...

Oh, how cute:) Vikci sort of does this with pretend food. We'd sit at her table, pretending to have tea, and when I actually pretend that I am eating it, she'd say> This is not food, you want some?