Thursday, August 03, 2006

Last Night

Had an amazing night with T last night. Went into Portsmouth, NH for dinner. We ate at this restaurant, and I think it was my favorite meal with T so far. I told him what I wanted for my main course (Pan Seared Jumbo Sea Scallops with chanterelle-basil risotto & American prosciutto 25.), and the wine that I wanted to drink ( 2 glasses of 2004 CMS (Chardonnay, Marsanne&Sauvignon Blanc),Columbia Valley-Wa., Hedges), and he did the rest of the ordering for us.

We had the (Two Artisanal Cheeses, paired condiment & toasts) followed by (Radicchio with spiced pecans, gorgonzola, dried cherries and a balsamic vinaigrette ) He ordered the (Lightly Smoked Sockeye Salmon with three-potato latke, braised greens & herbed crème fraîche )

For dessert we shared (Medium Rare Chocolate Cake with berry coulis ) and drank some coffee.

We then met up with my brother and his wife for a few minutes, because they live around the corner from ththe restaurantnt and had headed out to get dinner for themselves.

We then went back to his apartment for a fun filled night.

So now T has met my sister and brother, as well as their spouses.

Now he just needs to meet my mother and my friends.
Yay!

-b

11 comments:

Horatio Pepperwell, Post Captain said...

well, as long as food tastes heavenly, then you know you're ok. awesome blog-
HP
www.seeingthingsintexas.blogspot.com
www.fearsome-bumpkin.blogspot.com

ramblingmuse said...

Very cool, B!

Your dinner sounds delicious!! Mmmm...!

Sounds like things are going well! When do we blog readers get to meet him too? ;-)

M said...

I'm thrilled you had such a great night! Can't wait to meet him myself. :o)

Nick and Amy said...

I've been a little busy lately, so I haven't been blogging much, but it's great to hear that you are so happy! He soundz like a great guy!

Anonymous said...

You sure you only had a couple of glasses of wine?

There were and aweful lot of spelling mistakes for a teacher in that post. ;-)

T sounds awesome, I really am glad you're having a good time finally. :-)

J.Rowe said...

Sounds like a perfect night... I'm really happy for you.

Mrs. G.F. said...

I *heart* Portsmouth, and actually go there quite often.

Glad you had a fabulous date there, I can't see how a bad date would happen in such an adorable town.

:)

Sounds like you are HAPPY!!

Leslie said...

Sounds like one hot date!!! Glad it's all going so well.

Nat said...

You're quite the gourmand, arent you?:)

Anonymous said...

I think it's hilarious that you included the price of the food with your descriptions. This might have been on accident, but I hope it was not.

So glad you had fun.

b said...

Owen, took the prices out! I just copied and pasted from the menu!

Silly me.