Sunday, August 20, 2006

Goodbye J.Rowe

Last night a few of us took Jenn out for a goodbye dinner. Jenn moved to NY last week after MK, her husband, got a job transfer. They're home for the weekend because today is their son Dylan's 1st birthday party. (Rain, rain, go away!)

It seems like the older we get, the harder it is to make true friends. You know what I mean? The kind of friends you can spill your guts to and not worry that they'll judge you. The kind that can make fun of you because they know you so well. The kind that you completely trust. The kind that will laugh with you at stupid jokes. The kind that will seek you out in her car, when she knows that you're walking in the pouring rain, to drive you to shelter.

Jenn is that kind of friend. And it's really hard to see her go.

Luckily, she started a blog. Now at least we can try to keep up with her exciting new life.

Bye Jenn. I miss you already.

Love,
b

8 comments:

Mrs. G.F. said...

Aw. That stinks. Losing a good friend to distance...

M said...

Ditto B. Jenn is a great friend. She will be thoroughly missed by all! :o(

Nat said...

I never realised how important friends are, until I moved away from everybody and started my life in London.
I miss having friends wo would take care of me. Jenn sound like a wonderful person.

Erin said...

I'm sorry she is moving away, but great friends are great friends where ever they are. (((hugs)))

Leslie said...

Aww, that just sucks. But NY isn't too far away. Friends are friends no matter where they are.

Mrs. G.F. said...

Walt, I so use her blog roll too, I have been very lazy and haven't updated it in forever!!!

b said...

Luckily, I have a great blogroll :O)

J.Rowe said...

Thanks B!

I miss you guys too. I had a great time the other night. The hardest part of moving is leaving our friends in Boston. I know we'll be friends for a long time. I have no worries about that at all. There is a reason our paths crossed at the time we did in our lives. This was only a small part of friendship.

FYI, I'm not really sure how exciting my new life will be, but I'll do my best to make up some good stuff just for you!