Sunday, August 27, 2006

Hmmm...
Where to begin?

Let's start with my sister. She's pregnant with baby # 2! I will be an auntie for the second time in March. My sister was pregnant with her 1st son the same time I was pregnant with Josh. After Joe died all of the attention went to me, and then I gave birth to Josh, and the attention stayed on me. I always felt like she was cheated out of being the center of attention while pregnant with her 1st child. So now she gets to be the only one pregnant in the family, and (knock on wood) nothing bad will happen to take the spotlight off of her.

Also, she wanted me to let you know that our mother (who has rarely acted like a mother) agreed to spend two weeks at my sister's in NY when the baby is due. That is huge news in itself.

Jacob has begun talking through his Lamby. Lamby is a stuffed animal lamb that he got as a baby. He sleeps with her, and takes her to unfamiliar places. Lately he has started expressing his needs/wants through her. For example, he'll say, "Lamby is hungry for ice cream."

Yesterday he told me that Lamby was sad. I asked him why she was sad, and he said that he didn't know. I told him to ask Lamby. He turned to Lamby and said, "Lamby, why are you sad?" Then he held her to his ear to listen. (so cute) Then, "She says she misses daddy." Ouch. I asked him if Lamby wanted to visit daddy at the cemetery. He asked her, and then reported that she did. So we spent 45 minutes "playing" at the cemetery. Broke my heart.

I made two delicious new recipes this weekend for T. I will post both recipes if anyone would like to see them. One was for pecan stuffed mushrooms, and the other was for minty squares. Both were really easy, and really good.

That's it, I guess.

-b

Oh wait. Forgot to tell you something. T told me that he loves me :O)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your sister, and I hope she has a healthy and happy 9 months!

Awww and teary eyes about Jacob missing his Daddy. I am glad he has a way to share his feelings with you though.

I would love the stuffed mushroom recipe!

P.S. And what did you say back?

J.Rowe said...

I'm really happy that your sister is going to have the attention focused on her and the new baby. She really deserves it.

Jacob is very cute with Lamby...it's good that he's telling you how he's feeling. Breaks my heart about him missing Joe. I'm glad you guys went over to play...it's such a beautiful place.

And about T...WOW! So great. Did you ever ask about your dream?

I'd love the mint squares recipe.

Mrs. G.F. said...

Congrats Aunite!! (And sister too!!!)

Lamby story...adorable and heartbreaking at the same time... (hugs to you, these things hurt us so much to watch our children hurt over something, something we have no control over...)

Good news about T, I like the previuos question...what did YOU say??? :grin:

Leslie said...

Congrats to your sis! That is heartbreaking about Jacob but at least he has feelings about his dad and hasn't just forgotten all about the fact that he ever had a dad,kwim? That probably doesn't make it one bit easier on you though.
And ooh lala about T!!!! So so so so what did you say in return???

Erin said...

Wow! That is a lot of stuff!

Congrats to your sister (and you of course.) That is really exciting.

Aww...It broke my heart to hear what Lamby "said", but I'm glad that Lamby can help Jacob express himself.

And woohoo about T! So, what do you think about that?? Did you say anything back??? Details, details!

M said...

My heart feels like it's on a rollercoaster ride reading this post!

Anonymous said...

thanks everyone. While I hope nothing tragic happens during this pregnancy, I didn't feel like I was lacking for attention when I was pregnant with Ben.

Nat said...

Congratulations to your sister, and to you of course:) Yay, new baby:)

There are always going to be moments like the one you had with Jacob, arent there:( At least he is learning to express himself, which is great.
I would love the recipes, I love the sound of the mushroom one:)

And way to go T:)

PS. Thank you for the kind words and for your support. I feeol silly complaining when there are people with much bigger problems than mine.

4texans said...

Whoa, how could you put that at the end (that T says he loves you)?! That was sneaky!! (and yeah, what everyone else said...what did you say back?)

Anyway, congrats to your sister, that is very exciting!

The story about lamby was both sweet and sad...

b said...

Silly people :O) I told him the feeling was mutual, of course.