Friday, August 04, 2006

Five For Friday

5 things that make me sad today

  1. Jenn is really moving. This morning my usual group of friends and I took our regular walk. Suddenly we heard a car honking. We turned and saw Jenn in her car, trunk filled with moving boxes. She waved as she passed us, and I teared up. I think I said, "she should be walking with us." Next week she is moving to NY, and she will be missed more than words can adequately say.
  2. Mel is going away tomorrow for 10 days! 10 days! What am I supposed to do for 10 days without her?
  3. School begins sooner than I would like to admit.
  4. I found out yesterday that the doctors waited 60 hours before giving Joe medicine that could have potentially saved his life. 60 hours!!!!
  5. T has to work this weekend, so I won't be seeing him.

5 things that make me happy today:

  1. T let the L word slip out accidentally today. It was a slightly awkward moment, but a lovely one, that is still causing me to smile.
  2. On our walk this morning we got caught in a crazy storm filled with hail, and winds so strong, trees fell. We were totally unprepared, and were walking with our kids and my puppy. We all ran in different directions as we looked for cover from the storm. Jenn turned around in her car and came back to save us. It was mad chaos, but it was fun. I had an adventure with my friends, and it made me happy.
  3. Jacob's behavior has definitely improved. And I will take credit for those changes.
  4. I am going to finally finish my masters degree, and Joe's cousins are sending me the money to pay for it.
  5. I had sex this week.
-b

7 comments:

b said...

Walt,

Ut slipped out during an IM converstaion. He said that he was in love with two things right now, me and the ocean (he scuba dives bi-weekly.)

I said, "I am one of two things you're in love with?

he said, "okay, so that slipped out. but yea"

b said...

It slipped, not ut slipped.

Mrs. G.F. said...

Nice!! Gotta love things that come out naturally. :grin:


That medicine thing, how did you just find that out???

I love scuba diving, I miss it, I haven't done it since I had babies.

Awesome about your masters degree!!!! And won't that be a pay raise too?

b said...

SM,
I requested the medical records.

Yes, a pay raise will come with my Masters.

Nat said...

B, I am realy sorry that your husband didnt get the medicine in time. The "what if"s are the one that can really get you down.

Good on you for finishing your masters degree, i stopped half way through mine cause I was having the baby, and I would really love to go back and study. Joe's cousins sound like such great human beings!!

Good on you for the sex part:) reminded me of the Mr & Mrs Smith movie, did you see it?

Mrs. G.F. said...

i forgot to comment on the sex thing, since i am assuming it was GOOD sex...

yay!!! for you!!

allison said...

Yay on sex AND the L word. That's more than I can say for my week :)